• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect December Auction

181 posts in this topic

It's even more incredible considering Comic Connect sold a 7.0 for $61K in their March auction this year .... something just doesn't seem to be making sense...

Well, $61K for a 7.0 copy is still some what shocking since this is pretty well double guide for a book that most collectors thought had nowhere else to go but further down. hm

I hate bidding wars... Hate em....

Were you the winner of any of em?

I had secret hopes of winning some of the Legion appearances, but got blown out of the water in every case.

It's even more incredible considering Comic Connect sold a 7.0 for $61K in their March auction this year .... something just doesn't seem to be making sense...

Well, $61K for a 7.0 copy is still some what shocking since this is pretty well double guide for a book that most collectors thought had nowhere else to go but further down. hm

I think "most" collectors who knock this book in public are blowing smoke up your arse. This is a very tough book to find in unrestored high grade and the knowledgeable collectors know that.

But it's still Captain Who in todays minds.

This sale feels to me like excitable auction fever money saying "this is fun! what else is cool I can buy, guys?"

"Well, how about the formerly number one comic book on the planet you can pick up cheap? It's due for a comeback!"

"really??? How cheap? One tenth the Action 1? Cool beans!"

; )

Of course, maybe it is making a comeback! Who knows ...

The World's Finest went for much more than I thought they would. I "managed" to pick up 11 issues, but mainly the lower grade issues. I was disappointed not getting the #91, #79 - $875.00 , #84 (8.0) $1400.00 , #95 (9.2) $1400.00, #96 (8.0) $801.00,

and the #98 (9.0) which I really wanted, blew me away at $1950.00. :o

Beautiful books, cannot wait to get them.

exactly...I wonder what this sale is gonna do for the other copies. I'd be shocked if you don't see a few come to the market very shortly. I'd be very excited if I had an unrestored copy right now.

The World's Finest went for much more than I thought they would. I "managed" to pick up 11 issues, but mainly the lower grade issues. I was disappointed not getting the #91, #79 - $875.00 , #84 (8.0) $1400.00 , #95 (9.2) $1400.00, #96 (8.0) $801.00,

I was under bidder on the 79. Nice upgrade but not worth me going after at that price

I managed to win my first Larson. I think this copy gets passed around like a hot potato so I think I will hang onto it for a while.

sur1.12a.jpg

Wonderful cover. 'Grats on the win! (thumbs u

My friend Mark Haverty at BC just confirmed with Vince that the Whiz sale is real, and also dug up that the same book failed to sell on ebay in August with a reserve of less than $40k.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/04/after-only-reaching-17600-in-august-whiz-2-sells-for-176k-on-saturday-night/

Ironically, the ebay bidding reached 1/10th of the final hammer price on Comic Connect last night.

Incredible result for this book. It feels a little like the Church Flash 1 going for $600k (or whatever it was) in the wake of that first million dollar Action 1 sale.

I got the 79, and bid on the 98 all the way until the end when I finally jut couldn't keep up any more.

My friend Mark Haverty at BC just confirmed with Vince that the Whiz sale is real, and also dug up that the same book failed to sell on ebay in August with a reserve of less than $40k.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/04/after-only-reaching-17600-in-august-whiz-2-sells-for-176k-on-saturday-night/

Ironically, the ebay bidding reached 1/10th of the final hammer price on Comic Connect last night.

Incredible result for this book. It feels a little like the Church Flash 1 going for $600k (or whatever it was) in the wake of that first million dollar Action 1 sale.

This example could provide a nice catch-all rejoinder when somebody says that books should always be listed without reserves because "what it sells for is what it's worth." A couple months ago, then, it was "worth" one-tenth of what it was "worth" a couple days ago. And that's why the seller was smart not to put it on ebay without a reserve.

Ebay is a great place to pick up bargains for certain products.