• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect December Auction

181 posts in this topic

It seems to me that there has not been abundance of Nedors this year. Either that or I did not notice them

The Exciting #32 CGC 9.0 seemed high too at $3733, but at least that book is the highest graded.

Yes, definitely appears to be on the high side at almost 5X condition guide for a non-key, non-uber HG copy.

I certainly would not be willing to pay for the so-called highest graded factor unless I was planning to flip the book in the not too distant future. If I was planning to hold onto the book, I don't think a 9.0 copy would be able to retain its status as highest graded copy in the long run.

The Fighting Yanks were nuts. I didn't think that title had that much pull. I would have enjoyed having them but not at that price.

Probably due to the fact that the Fighting Yanks were relatively high grade with both of them coming in at a grade of 9.2.

Too bad there's no copy of Startling Comics #10 in this auction as I would love to see what kind of price a decent copy of this HTF issue would go for in an auction style format? Especially considering that Exciting #9 tends to show up quite often, while the Startling #10 seems to rarely ever show up. hm

The Fighting Yanks were nuts. I didn't think that title had that much pull. I would have enjoyed having them but not at that price.

Probably due to the fact that the Fighting Yanks were relatively high grade with both of them coming in at a grade of 9.2.

Too bad there's no copy of Startling Comics #10 in this auction as I would love to see what kind of price a decent copy of this HTF issue would go for in an auction style format? Especially considering that Exciting #9 tends to show up quite often, while the Startling #10 seems to rarely ever show up. hm

It is a war cover but it's not that cool, nor was it drawn by Schomburg. The character is not as exciting as Black Terror and so I don't think that issue generates the same excitement as Exciting 9.

That price on the Exciting #32 was ridiculous. I still maintain that _very_ few Nedors should go for over $3,000.

What did the Fighting Yanks sell for? I forgot about them, but I thought the # 10 Pennsylvania was Zaid's. Didn't he have both the # 1 (sold last year) and the # 10?

I paid a whopping $275 for my 6.5 FY # 9 and wasn't sure it was a good price at the time.

I'd love to see a nice Startling # 10 show up as well, and think the rarity factor would outweigh the fact that Black Terror's 3-4x as popular. Last copy I saw was that 3.0 that Heritage sold last year for $1,800 (3x guide). I paid $90 for a coverless copy.

That price on the Exciting #32 was ridiculous. I still maintain that _very_ few Nedors should go for over $3,000.

What did the Fighting Yanks sell for? I forgot about them, but I thought the # 10 Pennsylvania was Zaid's. Didn't he have both the # 1 (sold last year) and the # 10?

I paid a whopping $275 for my 6.5 FY # 9 and wasn't sure it was a good price at the time.

I'd love to see a nice Startling # 10 show up as well, and think the rarity factor would outweigh the fact that Black Terror's 3-4x as popular. Last copy I saw was that 3.0 that Heritage sold last year for $1,800 (3x guide). I paid $90 for a coverless copy.

:headbang:

118190.jpg.347129c4d3a0ffe9904a12931f4880ae.jpg

I still maintain that _very_ few Nedors should go for over $3,000.

Sorry, but I disagree with this opinion and so has the marketplace over the last few years.

I think most collectors view these books as Schomburg WWII covers more than Nedors, which make them highly collectible. Non-Schomburg and/or non-WWII covers, yes, I could agree with you. But if you do collect WWII era Schomburgs, where are you going to find these in high grade for under $3K? Certainly not Timelys. I think the market on these books are just playing a little "catch up" and those who follow these books all have to get used to it.

And what is this guide that you speak of? :sick:

Sorry, but I disagree with this opinion and so has the marketplace over the last few years.

I think most collectors view these books as Schomburg WWII covers more than Nedors, which make them highly collectible. Non-Schomburg and/or non-WWII covers, yes, I could agree with you. But if you do collect WWII era Schomburgs, where are you going to find these in high grade for under $3K? Certainly not Timelys. I think the market on these books are just playing a little "catch up" and those who follow these books all have to get used to it.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I've been doing the Nedors for three years or so now. In that time, I've been pretty aggressive with my bidding and in that time, I've managed to complete about 50% of my sets. What ever you think they are worth, there is at least one other person out there who has regularly thwarted me despite my best efforts.

$3k doesn't seem to be the standard. $4k on the HG Schomburgs seems to be typical.

(thumbs u

I've been doing the Nedors for three years or so now. In that time, I've been pretty aggressive with my bidding and in that time, I've managed to complete about 50% of my sets. What ever you think they are worth, there is at least one other person out there who has regularly thwarted me despite my best efforts.

$3k doesn't seem to be the standard. $4k on the HG Schomburgs seems to be typical.

It is with much personal sadness that I agree with you. It's a rare occasion where I even bother to place a bid. :sorry: