• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic people on Frank Miller's rant

606 posts in this topic

Adams and Steranko sign for free as far as I'm aware. Yes, Steranko will personalize it. Maybe there are charges for a sig series?

Oh, and Byrne can go in the used to be good now resting on laurels category as well.

I've never seen Steranko charge for his, but they've always been personalized.

Wrightson sits alone, unbothered by the cluster of fans. He rests, on his laurels and his time.

Wrightson at least has an excuse. He suffered a fairly serious wrist injury some years back and he admitted it totally changed the way he was able to draw.

And I still stop by everytime, buy some art and get a signature.

As we talk about "what have you done lately", Wrightson is the perfect example of teaching our youth about his past greatness.

(worship)

Wrightson is an all time great. He could be doing Strawberry Shortcake and I would buy it. It would probably look pretty sweet too.

Not a big sig guy, but I am genuinely excited to see Wrightson at the London con in feb and grab a sig if at all possible. (worship)

I know he light boxed photography a lot but I really liked Alex Maleev on DD.

Well next time you see him, tell him to make sure to maximize his financial potential right now because down the road, regardless of how great of work he's done, the publisher's and fans will see him as irrelevant.

:cry:

I know he light boxed photography a lot but I really liked Alex Maleev on DD.

Well next time you see him, tell him to make sure to maximize his financial potential right now because down the road, regardless of how great of work he's done, the publisher's and fans will see him as irrelevant.

:cry:

Maybe Gemma can create a "Light Box Photog" registry set?

:wishluck:

I really don't see a fundamental problem with Neal Adams art today other than it looks heavy handed in the inking of it.

I think his works popularity probably suffers fro (in order):

A) 50-60 year olds don't buy a lot of modern comics.

B) Denny O'Neil didn't write it.

C) Tom Palmer didn't ink it.