• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

My secret Santa was dwip99 and I got 3 nice books...

Classic Byrne Alpha Flight 15, one of my favorite Adams covers from HoS 88 and Dr. Strange 1 (I don't have a copy of this!) :whee:

Thank you very much Danny and I hope you have a great holiday season as well! :)

cgcss-1.jpg

Wow...... just wow. I didn't know until just now who my SS was .... when I opened my gift and saw that it was from my old friend Steve Nelson (worldsbestcomics). Its kinda fun not knowing until the moment of opening.

The awesome Barks wrapping job continued on the inside of the package as you can see.

When I opened it, I found 5 books ...... :cloud9:

And oh, what a 5 books they are :applause:

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

But wait..... theres more !! Check out the first page of the Christmas Parade....

IMG_8109.jpg

Thanks Steve. Merry Christmas to you and your family <3

My secret Santa was dwip99 and I got 3 nice books...

Classic Byrne Alpha Flight 15, one of my favorite Adams covers from HoS 88 and Dr. Strange 1 (I don't have a copy of this!) :whee:

Thank you very much Danny and I hope you have a great holiday season as well! :)

cgcss-1.jpg

Thats cool. Frank Brunner bought a comic off me on ebay once :popcorn::grin:

Here is my item from my Secret Santa ComicDoc. A 9.8 SS copy of The Walking Dead #10 signed by artist Tony Moore. :)

photo41q.jpg

Issue #10 was the final issue I needed also to complete my run of The Walking Dead again (had to replace a few issues thanks to my dogs) so this works out to be one hell of an upgrade to the raw copy I had.

Thanks again ComicDoc for the amazing gift!!

-Brendan

Great, out of the park gift. Nice job comicdoc

Wow...... just wow. I didn't know until just now who my SS was .... when I opened my gift and saw that it was from my old friend Steve Nelson (worldsbestcomics). Its kinda fun not knowing until the moment of opening.

The awesome Barks wrapping job continued on the inside of the package as you can see.

When I opened it, I found 5 books ...... :cloud9:

And oh, what a 5 books they are :applause:

But wait..... theres more !! Check out the first page of the Christmas Parade....

IMG_8109.jpg

Thanks Steve. Merry Christmas to you and your family <3

What a lovely gift. Love the Earl Barker sig. :insane:

Keep those photos and love coming folks, love it.

Big thanks to Kramerica for my gifts! He was super sneaky and replied to one of my WTB threads to elicit gift ideas and confirmed them with Wil, WDMARVELCOMICS, whom I've been talking with quite a bit recently and knows my collecting tastes well. Then he ended up being Wil's back up Santa too! Well played, sir. Big thanks. Can't wait to read the What If? issue and the Sensational Spider-Man mini comic.

100_2194.jpg

100_2195.jpg

100_2196.jpg

100_2197.jpg

I'm reposting mine, cuz it's so cool...

Alright, big ups to dbrewer75 (David) for being super thoughtful.

First off there's a SA DC hero comic that I actually don't have (that's a pretty risky gamble):

2011-12-20195937.jpg

followed by a sweet Flash baseball cap I've never even seen before (also unlikely):

2011-12-20200014.jpg

...according to the card David sent, his daughter wanted to get in on the action, so she rocked me a killer recreation (all framed and whatnot) of the Flash cover he used as the wrapping frontispiece:

2011-12-20195856.jpg

2011-12-20200100.jpg

Seriously, is that not awesome? Thanks tons m'man!

I have no idea who my Secret Santa was. :( However, they hit the nail on the head with this gift! I love it, thanks! :D

6569879055_b363eaf9a5_z.jpg

Coolio! Who's the artist?

Don't know that either (shrug) But when I opened it I really got a good laugh out of it, and I plan to frame and hang it in my bedroom. :)

I have no idea who my Secret Santa was. :( However, they hit the nail on the head with this gift! I love it, thanks! :D

6569879055_b363eaf9a5_z.jpg

Coolio! Who's the artist?

Don't know that either (shrug) But when I opened it I really got a good laugh out of it, and I plan to frame and hang it in my bedroom. :)

OA :cloud9: and your favorite character too..... no, not Batman :grin:

Thanks to Sanj_Mitra, I can now scratch two books off my wantlist! You rock, Sanj!

Ghost Comics #8 and Crime SuspenStories #15

CrimeSuspenStories151953-0330.jpg

Wow Cimm.... nice, although I think he didn't dig that grave deep enough. It looks like her knee and her head and her.....uh..... yea.... are gonna stick out :popcorn: