• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

My secret Santa was dwip99 and I got 3 nice books...

Classic Byrne Alpha Flight 15, one of my favorite Adams covers from HoS 88 and Dr. Strange 1 (I don't have a copy of this!) :whee:

Thank you very much Danny and I hope you have a great holiday season as well! :)

cgcss-1.jpg

:whee: Glad you like them, hope your holidays are going great.

Danny

12252011152.jpg

Thank you very much to Liam (Liaton-9000) Now I am going to have to get the entire run in French, which will make my French teacher from high school very proud. These rock and will stay in my collection forever.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone.

Danny

I do not have a camera handy but my secret santa, Senormac, sent some super gifts.

Some great comics for my collection, Aquaman 3, Sub-mariner 8, a nice copy of X-men 143 (great Christmas issue), among others like RACEWAY #1!!!!

2 fantastic craft beers that I can't wait to try, I like your style Mike.

Also, some football cards that include my favorite Eagle of all time, Randall Cunningham!

Thanks again Senormac!

Here's a couple of pictures of what I got!!

My Secret Santa was Mark(Kramerica). My Secret Santa was very unexpected :o because I was talking to Mark about what kind of stuff Ben liked and then to see he was my Secret Santa as well as Bens. I was very surprised and had no idea it was him. But it was kind of funny because after a few messages from Mark my Wife :idea: said I think he's your Secret Santa. I told her there was no way he is, because he was already Bens Secret Santa. Boy was I wrong, very well played Mark. You managed to get a list out of me and you knew every one of these books are books I try to hoard and I would've been really happy with just the 2 Variants because I've been wanting to pick them up for my collection!! So the other 7 books were icing on the cake as they're all Key Issues that I collect!! Thank you very much Mark for the great gift!!

CGCSecretSantaGiftFromMark.jpg

This one was from Ben(Benjamin Grimm) he wasn't my Secret Santa but he was kind enough to think of me and send me a gift!! This is one of my favorite Comic covers of all time!! Thank you very much Ben for another great gift!! You already knew how much I like this book!! (worship) (worship)

CGCSecretSantaGiftFromBen.jpg

My Secret Santa was Mark(Kramerica). My Secret Santa was very unexpected :o because I was talking to Mark about what kind of stuff Ben liked and then to see he was my Secret Santa as well as Bens. I was very surprised and had no idea it was him. But it was kind of funny because after a few messages from Mark my Wife :idea: said I think he's your Secret Santa. I told her there was no way he is, because he was already Bens Secret Santa. Boy was I wrong, very well played Mark. You managed to get a list out of me and you knew every one of these books are books I try to hoard and I would've been really happy with just the 2 Variants because I've been wanting to pick them up for my collection!! So the other 7 books were icing on the cake as they're all Key Issues that I collect!! Thank you very much Mark for the great gift!!

Gotta hand it to him, Mark sure was sneaky like a spy, wasn't he? lol

Gotta hand it to him, Mark sure was sneaky like a spy, wasn't he? lol

It was tricky playing both sides. I had been soliciting ideas from Wil when the "Word Came Down" that I was also going to be HIS Secret Santa too. :odoh!

What to do, what to do? hm:idea: might as well try to get a want list out of him - success! (thumbs u Now I had to try to sell him some super overpriced stuff that wasn't part of his present but was on his want list to draw any suspicion away. I was just praying he wouldn't pay like $50 for an Iron Man #282. :roflmao:

Hunting down the stuff was the fun part for sure. I had 3 LCSs to raid and I had enough info from the both of them to ensure the hunt would be fruitful.

Close call at the end though:

BOTH of them posted pics of their presents. :o Same wrapping paper, the same envelope and the same writing. Both of you knew who I was SS for so if it clicked you would know that I was your SS as well.

At the end I was PRAYING nobody would point that out!

100_2193.jpg

CGCSecretSantaGift.jpg

In the end this was a darn fun challenge/adventure :banana:

A big thank you to my Secret Santa Chunkybutt for the awesome gift! It's Marvel's The Art of Captain America The First Avenger hardcover which is absolutely amazing. It's something I really wanted and I love it! :grin:

photo4-1.jpgphoto3-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpgphoto-2.jpg

Thanks again for the great gift Chunkybutt (lol) you rock! :headbang: & Merry Christmas to all. :)

TAs you may have guessed, Mr. Greggy himself was my SS this year. The box was big, as previously noted...

4ebb71d8.jpg7c570a69.jpg

Opened it up... And Greg was right on the dot. Starting with some amazing HG Archies...

IMG_00241.jpg

A really cool book on comics, should be a good read!

IMG_0025.jpg

Some UK Ducks books that I've never seen before...

IMG_0026.jpg

Some AWESOME reading material. :cloud9:

IMG_0027.jpg

And finally, a nice group of UK mags!

IMG_0028.jpg

Thanks so much Greg, you really made my day!

Merry Christmas to all :whee:

Here are a few shots from my SS..

photo2-1.jpg

Opened it up and found a great set of Web Of Spider Annuals that I didn't have yet.

There were two slabs in there as well..

photo1.jpg

ASM 299 9.4 and a great ASM #63 5.0 and my first old label (gotta add this to my registry)

Funky face only because my wife kept snapping a pic of me blinking.

The great thing I found was a Garbage Pale kid card. Hadn't seen one of those in forever!

photo-1.jpg

Thanks SS who ever you are! Great presents!

My Secret Santa was none other than Andy aka Greenham Holiday Ham who has been in charge of our Gift Exchange and our Raffle! Not only has he done a outstandingly wonderful bestest job on what is a very detail oriented and time consuming job but he also sent me the most awesome, perfect gift.

About a month ago I decided to work on my Avengers run - focusing on the #100-150 range. Andy sent me 7 GORGEOUS BA Avengers from this period. Every single one a beauty and needed for my run. :applause:

And wait! There's more! :o

On top of that he sends me not 1, not 2 but 3 TPBs of The Daredevil Ultimate Collection by Bendis and Maleev I absolutely love this run. It restored my faith in comics and was my favorite comics for over 5 years. A few years back I decided to sell the run and then get them as TPB's. Well, I did sell them but never got around to buying the TPBs.

And Andy knocks down the entire run in one fell swoop :cloud9:

Andy - Thank you so much. I can't tell you how very happy right now. I'm right on the border where I finally break down and shed tears in regards to the incredible coolness, generocity. honesty and giving spirit of these boards.

HamPresent2.jpg

I got a couple of cool Superman related gifts. :cloud9: Thanks Secret Santa.

action942425andssgiftregistrytoo001.jpg

Bobble heads are pretty popular. I believe at SDCC there was one guy who sold nothing but at his table.

Why did you send me my gift as well?

Did someone bail?

Xoxo

Greggy

I drew your name, so you were my "official" Secret Santa matchup.

I took care of a couple of extra folks that arrived late.

You did see that other gift in the briefcase, didn't you? hm

My SS sent me a sweet SS! :applause:

116j0ap.jpg