• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

I got a Living Corpse Omnibus Vol.1 and LC Exhumed #1, ASM #170, Batman Oddysey #1, Tec. #363, Batman #183 and Batman #227 :whee: one of my all time favorites covers :banana:, thanks so much Anthony(Pirate) you rock :headbang:

glad you liked

My Secret Santa was evil...very evil. :devil:

He sent my package wrapped, so like a good boy I waited until Christmas to open the package. When the magical day finally arrived, I tore open the wrapping only to find another sealed priority mail box inside. Opening that showed what looked like a CGC case and maybe another book encased in bubble wrap and tape. Words can't do the packing job justice. My apologies for not taking pictures. Christmas morning, kids (at heart) get excited. :grin:

So I finally got the packing open around the CGC case (avoiding reading the label to increase the suspense) and pull it out, not sure what to expect and here what is I got:

hulk147.jpg

Hulk, huh? Okkkkkk ???

I proceed to open up the other book and see this:

hulk159.jpg

I note on the back of this very, very pretty book that its also a Massachusetts copy.

Hmm..two pedigreed Hulks....than I remember who sent me these books (BigHulkFan) and I put two and two together and realize this is all part of his master plan to convert new people to the Hulk messiah! :whee:

Not sure I am a full convert just yet, but they are purdy books.... :luhv:

Thank you BigHulkFan and I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Maniacal laugh...maniacal laugh...MANIACAL LAUGH!!!

Hope you like the books :foryou:

Just returned home late last night from my wife's family in PA, yes this Florida boy was cold. To my surprise I found a second SS addressed to me, go figure, I never win anything!! To say it was a surprise is an understatement. Just sent Ham a quick PM and he said some received two SS's and not to feel bad. Wow, y'all rock!!! Thanks to Ernster I found a pile of good Zombie reading material on top of old Marvel and DC horror and a figure I did not have to complete my final assault on Magneto. My wife can not believe the generosity of everyone here. Thank you and I hope everyone enjoyed getting just as much as giving.

Before I post what I received, I have to apologize to icculus308win for being late with my Secret Santa gift. I shipped it to late this year and I'm very sorry for that. I tried to ship it before I went on a short vacation for 1 week early December, but couldn't make it. When I came back I immediately shipped it but because it's a long way from Europe, it takes more time. I hope your kids will enjoy the gifts nevertheless!

I appreciate the shout out, but no worries!! Don't sweat it - honestly, the kids can use a hiatus from Christmas presents for a spell.

(Btw, if I knew my SS was going to be from Austria and perhaps close to Vienna......I might have wrote anything from Kettner Österreich to my SS! By far one of my favorite stores!! Whenever I get to go I'm like a kid at Toys R Us!!!)

Thanks (worship)

I'm from Vienna btw :grin:

Got back home with my Fam tonight upon spending a wonderful six day Christmas hiatus up in Minnesota with my side of the family.......and in the pile of mail was certain box from Austria.

It was filled with TONS OF GOODIES for kids and I! :applause:

Black Lantern was TRULY playing the role of a thoughtful SS this year!! (worship)

We received:

A REALLY a cool Watchmen keychain light/projector. (my youngest giggled all night when we shown it on the wall!)

1st ed. Spidey Card sheet (My Wife had to cut out the cards already since the oldest wanted to line them all up and tell us the names!! :cloud9: )

Another already played with item by my eldest, was a sweet Iron Man Modok toy

Muppet Show DVD

A very cool Spidey & the Mini Marvels 2003 Halloween Ashcan comic

Star Wars Clone Wars Vol #6

And even MORE, including a: Smurf (I read half of it in bed tonight to my eldest. He REALLY liked it) Richie Rich, Sugar & Spike, Dennis the Menace, Futurama and a Justice League Adventure comics.

Last but not least, a VERY, VERY COOL grey X-men First Class shirt (that I have personally never seen before) for dear old Dad. :headbang:

Alexis, I'm truly grateful for your thoughtfulness and generosity. Have a happy and healthy New Year!!

Eric

Eric, I'm so happy that you and your kids like the gifts. I was worried that I rushed everything, hence no wrapping paper etc. but the package had to go out, there was no time anymore for buying paper and card first. Total chaos this year :tonofbricks:

Btw, the T-Shirt is an exclusive promo item for the movie, I don't think that you can buy it anywhere officially!

From CHEETA……Today, I got a super wickedly badazz present! Vintage Spanish miniature fairy tale comic books from…way way waaaaaaaaaaay back. They almost seem pre-golden age, I could be wrong, but they are sweeeet! Thank you Cheeta, this present was insanely sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

photox3.jpg

photox4.jpg

photox5.jpg

photox6.jpg

photox7.jpg

photox8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

And a leather bound book made from these same type of comics…Awesome!!!!!

photox1.jpg

photox2.jpg

Eric, I'm so happy that you and your kids like the gifts. I was worried that I rushed everything, hence no wrapping paper etc. but the package had to go out, there was no time anymore for buying paper and card first. Total chaos this year :tonofbricks:

Btw, the T-Shirt is an exclusive promo item for the movie, I don't think that you can buy it anywhere officially!

The shirt is being worn as we speak!!!!

From CHEETA……Today, I got a super wickedly badazz present! Vintage Spanish miniature fairy tale comic books from…way way waaaaaaaaaaay back. They almost seem pre-golden age, I could be wrong, but they are sweeeet! Thank you Cheeta, this present was insanely sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

I'm glad they finally got there! These things are so uber-cool. Some may date as early as 1900 and I think all of them qualify as Platinum Age. I hope you enjoy researching them as much as I did!

I'm glad they finally got there! These things are so uber-cool. Some may date as early as 1900 and I think all of them qualify as Platinum Age. I hope you enjoy researching them as much as I did!

Wow !! And I hope you speak spanish :wishluck:

Wow !! And I hope you speak spanish :wishluck:

I am going to catalog these puppies properly...Spanish is my first language...thanks again!! I am super stoked... (thumbs u

Comicdonna (Mike) not only helped me out considerably while my son was in the hospital, but he also sent me this sweet Bats #146. If not for a popped staple on the bottom, the book would be uber-hg. This will be a cool one to show my son in a couple of years. Thank you, Mike!

scan0152.jpg

I received three nice Batman books from SHADOW.

One Dollar-sized DETECTIVE, one Dollar-sized WORLD'S FINEST and the topper was a nice copy of BATMAN 191!!!

Awesome books, thanks SHADOW and Merry Christmas to all.