• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

I have no idea who my Secret Santa was. :( However, they hit the nail on the head with this gift! I love it, thanks! :D

6569879055_b363eaf9a5_z.jpg

Coolio! Who's the artist?

Don't know that either (shrug) But when I opened it I really got a good laugh out of it, and I plan to frame and hang it in my bedroom. :)

Ah! You did receive it. (thumbs u

I'm glad you like it. The artist is Matt Slay. He's still unpublished but he's working on it. You'll see some of his work in the Signature Series room, and he also does interactive live feeds of his art sessions.

The Smithsonian book has many cool reprints of Action 1, Detective 27 and more in it. The Don Winslow is a file copy. Never had a file copy before in my collection.

CIMG7113.jpg

that Smithsonian book sounds cool so I just ordered myself a copy :banana:

Got my gifts from Ze-Man, wow wow wow! Thanks! (He also sent cookies, but I ate them before I took this picture...mmmmmmm)

DSC_0244.jpg

I'm also a proud owner of parts of a Action Comics #1! (wonder if CGC will slab these :insane: )

DSC_0245.jpg

Some Christmas cheer

A Paratrooping Santa

DSC_0246.jpg

And a Paratrooping Greggy

DSC_0248.jpg

lol

The Smithsonian book has many cool reprints of Action 1, Detective 27 and more in it. The Don Winslow is a file copy. Never had a file copy before in my collection.

CIMG7113.jpg

that Smithsonian book sounds cool so I just ordered myself a copy :banana:

yea, thats nice (thumbs u

theres a newspaper funnies book like that also

So I had a great Christmas thanks to you guys, I don't have a camera right now to show my presents, but I still want to say thank you to both my Secret Santas!

First I received:

A CGC 9.8 SS Amazing Spider-Man 600 signed by Stan "The Man" Lee HIMSELF!

I also received a CGC 9.4 SS G.I Joe: Special signed by Todd Mcfarlane and Ray Park :D!

Unfortunately I don't know the forum name of Mr. Hector (sorry for using your real name), but please do PM me so I can say "thank you" properly! These were my first two CGC graded comics! :cloud9:

Now from AlexH I received some cool books for my ever growing reading library:

Marvel Zombies 3 HC

Kraven's Last Hunt HC

JLA earth 2 TPB signed by Frank Quitely

World War Z

From all of these I had only read Marvel Zombies 3, but I'm converting my comics to Hardcovers so it was actually a great help!

Thank you very much, I can't wait to read all of them!

Hope all of you had a great Christmas and thank you very much to both my SS!

So I had a great Christmas thanks to you guys, I don't have a camera right now to show my presents, but I still want to say thank you to both my Secret Santas!

First I received:

A CGC 9.8 SS Amazing Spider-Man 600 signed by Stan "The Man" Lee HIMSELF!

I also received a CGC 9.4 SS G.I Joe: Special signed by Todd Mcfarlane and Ray Park :D!

Unfortunately I don't know the forum name of Mr. Hector (sorry for using your real name), but please do PM me so I can say "thank you" properly! These were my first two CGC graded comics! :cloud9:

Now from AlexH I received some cool books for my ever growing reading library:

Marvel Zombies 3 HC

Kraven's Last Hunt HC

JLA earth 2 TPB signed by Frank Quitely

World War Z

From all of these I had only read Marvel Zombies 3, but I'm converting my comics to Hardcovers so it was actually a great help!

Thank you very much, I can't wait to read all of them!

Hope all of you had a great Christmas and thank you very much to both my SS!

Hector = Chespirito (thumbs u

Before I post what I received, I have to apologize to icculus308win for being late with my Secret Santa gift. I shipped it to late this year and I'm very sorry for that. I tried to ship it before I went on a short vacation for 1 week early December, but couldn't make it. When I came back I immediately shipped it but because it's a long way from Europe, it takes more time. I hope your kids will enjoy the gifts nevertheless!

I appreciate the shout out, but no worries!! Don't sweat it - honestly, the kids can use a hiatus from Christmas presents for a spell.

(Btw, if I knew my SS was going to be from Austria and perhaps close to Vienna......I might have wrote anything from Kettner Österreich to my SS! By far one of my favorite stores!! Whenever I get to go I'm like a kid at Toys R Us!!!)

I was one of the lucky people that actually rec'd two SS gifts.

I rec'd gifts from both flatrock02 and from Royce.

I ended up with (2) JIM Masterworks Vol 1 and (1) JIM Masterworks Vol 2.

Thank you both!!! (thumbs u

I hope it's not tacky, but I will be donating one of the Vol 1 Masterworks to the Holiday raffle.

Before I post what I received, I have to apologize to icculus308win for being late with my Secret Santa gift. I shipped it to late this year and I'm very sorry for that. I tried to ship it before I went on a short vacation for 1 week early December, but couldn't make it. When I came back I immediately shipped it but because it's a long way from Europe, it takes more time. I hope your kids will enjoy the gifts nevertheless!

I appreciate the shout out, but no worries!! Don't sweat it - honestly, the kids can use a hiatus from Christmas presents for a spell.

(Btw, if I knew my SS was going to be from Austria and perhaps close to Vienna......I might have wrote anything from Kettner Österreich to my SS! By far one of my favorite stores!! Whenever I get to go I'm like a kid at Toys R Us!!!)

Thanks (worship)

I'm from Vienna btw :grin:

I got a Living Corpse Omnibus Vol.1 and LC Exhumed #1, ASM #170, Batman Oddysey #1, Tec. #363, Batman #183 and Batman #227 :whee: one of my all time favorites covers :banana:, thanks so much Anthony(Pirate) you rock :headbang:

I demand pics. :popcorn: