• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

Mike, aka Comic Book Guy, sent me some great World's Finest books as well as some Big Bang swag which I think is from Comic Con. Can't beat a Superman vs. Flash Race as well as the 2nd Luthor/Joker team up.

Even though a sent a PM to him, thanks again, Mike!

ChristmasCGC2011001.jpg

I was one of the lucky people that actually rec'd two SS gifts.

I rec'd gifts from both flatrock02 and from Royce.

I ended up with (2) JIM Masterworks Vol 1 and (1) JIM Masterworks Vol 2.

Thank you both!!! (thumbs u

I hope it's not tacky, but I will be donating one of the Vol 1 Masterworks to the Holiday raffle.

Cool with me...as long as it's flatrock02's copy. :baiting:

wow. There was major comic book booty to be had this year. :applause:

I was one of the lucky people that actually rec'd two SS gifts.

I rec'd gifts from both flatrock02 and from Royce.

I ended up with (2) JIM Masterworks Vol 1 and (1) JIM Masterworks Vol 2.

Thank you both!!! (thumbs u

I hope it's not tacky, but I will be donating one of the Vol 1 Masterworks to the Holiday raffle.

Cool with me...as long as it's flatrock02's copy. :baiting:

wow. There was major comic book booty to be had this year. :applause:

lol

I started reading Vol 1 the other day. It's actually pretty good. I can see how Thor would've been a cool character to a kid back in those days. It's infinitely better than the Hulk stuff (gawd, I couldn't even make it thru the first Masterworks volume).

My secret santa went all out.I was simply stunned silent(I know hard to believe) by your kind gift.First was the Blake Bell book on Ditko.A very cool book with the few Ditko stories I dont have.Second was the collected monster works of Ditko.Again simply awesome.

Throw in the Kirby book by Evanier,a 40s pulp.A sities monster mag,and a few assorted dell and acg horror books.A very nice gift.

I am most of the way throught the Bell book.Next is the Charleton monster reprints.

Have a safe and happy new year

Dennis

The shadow knows

My secret santa went all out.I was simply stunned silent(I know hard to believe) by your kind gift.First was the Blake Bell book on Ditko.A very cool book with the few Ditko stories I dont have.Second was the collected monster works of Ditko.Again simply awesome.

Throw in the Kirby book by Evanier,a 40s pulp.A sities monster mag,and a few assorted dell and acg horror books.A very nice gift.

I am most of the way throught the Bell book.Next is the Charleton monster reprints.

Dennis

The shadow knows

Wha ....??!! No pics :baiting:

The Kirby book by Evanier looks awesome !!

Dennis

The shadow knows

What can I say technology is not my friend :blush:

My Secret Santa was evil...very evil. :devil:

He sent my package wrapped, so like a good boy I waited until Christmas to open the package. When the magical day finally arrived, I tore open the wrapping only to find another sealed priority mail box inside. Opening that showed what looked like a CGC case and maybe another book encased in bubble wrap and tape. Words can't do the packing job justice. My apologies for not taking pictures. Christmas morning, kids (at heart) get excited. :grin:

So I finally got the packing open around the CGC case (avoiding reading the label to increase the suspense) and pull it out, not sure what to expect and here what is I got:

hulk147.jpg

Hulk, huh? Okkkkkk ???

I proceed to open up the other book and see this:

hulk159.jpg

I note on the back of this very, very pretty book that its also a Massachusetts copy.

Hmm..two pedigreed Hulks....than I remember who sent me these books (BigHulkFan) and I put two and two together and realize this is all part of his master plan to convert new people to the Hulk messiah! :whee:

Not sure I am a full convert just yet, but they are purdy books.... :luhv:

Thank you BigHulkFan and I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

He sent my package wrapped, so like a good boy I waited until Christmas to open the package. When the magical day finally arrived, I tore open the wrapping only to find another sealed priority mail box inside. Opening that showed what looked like a CGC case and maybe another book encased in bubble wrap and tape. Words can't do the packing job justice. My apologies for not taking pictures. Christmas morning, kids (at heart) get excited. :grin:

So I finally got the packing open around the CGC case (avoiding reading the label to increase the suspense) and pull it out, not sure what to expect and here what is I got:

hulk147.jpg

Hulk, huh? Okkkkkk ???

hulk159.jpg

I note on the back of this very, very pretty book that its also a Massachusetts copy.

Hmm..two pedigreed Hulks....than I remember who sent me these books (BigHulkFan) and I put two and two together and realize this is all part of his master plan to convert new people to the Hulk messiah! :whee:

(thumbs u

hulk147.jpg

Hulk, huh? Okkkkkk ???

hulk159.jpg

(thumbs u

Two high grade pedigree books? Bighulkfan is a biggenerousfan

Dennis

The shadow knows

This is a huge understatement. :baiting: That's okay, Dennis, you call me for tech support anytime. (thumbs u

Dennis

The shadow knows

This is a huge understatement. :baiting: That's okay, Dennis, you call me for tech support anytime. (thumbs u

Go buy a digital camera :sumo:

Dennis

The shadow knows

Go buy a digital camera :sumo:

and a blender...

Dennis

The shadow knows

Have a safe and happy New Year as well, Dennis!

Glad you're enjoying the books... :)

I got a couple of cool Superman related gifts. :cloud9: Thanks Secret Santa.

action942425andssgiftregistrytoo001.jpg

Bobble heads are pretty popular. I believe at SDCC there was one guy who sold nothing but at his table.

I got a Batman and Joker for Christmas... they are pretty cool!