• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackstar...now adding bad taste to lobotomy pricing...

174 posts in this topic

Just a note that I spent some time on the phone with Blackstar, the other day, explaining the negative impact his listings have on the collecting community as well as our understanding of the perceptions of creators. I explained DWC's position in this matter and that he needs to resolve these issues if he wishes to continue to submit books to DWC for specific signings. He expressed his feelings but he was ultimate told what needed to happen as far as DWC is concerned. Sharon and I do not want to see any creator misled by situations such as this and ultimately result in a creator’s refusal to sign for his fans in the collecting community. It is our wish to be able to continue to provide to those in the collecting community additional signing opportunities with many of the great creators we have had in the past. Thank you.

:headbang: I appreciate your stance as I am sure other collectors and creators will too. This guy has told me (via email) that he is basically just fishing for suckers on ebay and has no problem doing so at the expense of the hobby. (tsk)

I'm not trying to be a RICHARD here, but, if you knew/previously had knowledge of what he was doing, why did you accept submissions from him to begin with, knowing that HE is damaging the relationship between creators and CGC?

Are you asking just us that question Adonis or is that question being asked of everyone who accepts books? Because there are/were others on these boards who do/have done business with Blackstar.

As for DWC's position. It is NOT DWC's place to tell others how to conduct their own business. But once the way one conducts business causes creators to stop signing for his fans, and that has an effect on DWC being able to get customers books signed then DWC has the right to address such matters.

It is YOUR place to tell someone that their business is no longer welcomed. YOU, as a business, have the right to refuse services.

An example would be that DWC would not tell you, Adonis, that we will not business with you because you get sketchs done at a show. But if you were altering those sketches and then selling them and the creator who originally drew those sketches said they would not sketch for anyone anymore then we would need to address that problem with you and hope to see it resolved. But in the meantime, we would choose to no longer do business with you until the issue is resolved.

First of, don't ever use me in "examples", I never assumed, you did. I simpy asked a question to which I already knew the answer, I just wanted to hear your POV. Second, you're bringing up other people's past and spreading false rumors.

In the past, members of the boards have questioned Blackstar's methods but it was still just that a member questioning his methods. But now that creators have come forward to state their position, that has a different effect on all of those in the community.

You're partly right, member's have questioned and are still disgusted with the way Blackstar is tarnishing the CGC community, YOU however, have failed to notice that.

I guess to you it doesn't matter where a dollar comes from. A dirty dollar is still...well dirty.

My position on SS as a whole

As for Pirate's position. It is NOT Pirate's place to tell others how to conduct their own business. But once the way one conducts business causes creators to stop signing for their fans, and that has an affect on Pirate being able to get books signed then Pirate has the right to address such matters.

I live by this credo every day!

Dear Pirate,

1) Didn't one thread just get locked because you started stirring things up AGAIN? I read through that thread. It was you who took the first shot after a post that had nothing to do with you.

2) Just because you're bitter don't take it out on MedicAR, there's plenty of people around wiling to work with him I'm sure.

3) Maybe you should be the one to leave or at least stop being so negative. How does it benefit SS, CGC or any other aspect of the hobby to have the attitude you do?

Huh. I point out how negative this place is and I get attacked. Great.

First off, I've had pirate on ignore for awhile now. He never has anything positive or good to say, so I just don't even look at his posts. At least that was true until I read the post from lscomics which made it clear that I was now involved specifically. pirate, just because you won't deal with me, doesn't mean no one will. In fact, I think that makes you the only one. No big loss to me.

Second, lscomics is right. You just got one thread locked, why not make it two in a day? I'm sure it won't be your fault as I was just asking for it.

Third, lscomics is right again. If everything here is so infuriating to you (pirate), just go away. All you're doing is making CGC and yourself look bad. If you're what they want to represent them, I'm not sure they are a company that I want to support. You attack fellow representatives in a public forum then top it off by coming after a customer in that same public forum.

+1 please before anybody hits the submit button

1.pause count to 30...chill...breathe in...out...go read a comic...organize your collection

2.think of a reply that has to deal with the topic at hand if you do not have a reply repeat step 1

3.If you still can't think of anything constructive to say then don't hit the submit button

Some of the board members actually want to see the information listed on the boards without having to read through the mess & are getting tired of posts getting locked before they see all the info.

Remember the goal of the info is to educate the others here about collecting & all aspects there of.

+1 please before anybody hits the submit button

1.pause count to 30...chill...breathe in...out...go read a comic...organize your collection

2.think of a reply that has to deal with the topic at hand if you do not have a reply repeat step 1

3.If you still can't think of anything constructive to say then don't hit the submit button

Some of the board members actually want to see the information listed on the boards without having to read through the mess & are getting tired of posts getting locked before they see all the info.

Remember the goal of the info is to educate the others here about collecting & all aspects there of.

Good points. Sorry. I'll do better.

I had both Pirate and GODOFTHUNDER on ignore but after that last thread got locked took them off thinking maybe they'd start to play nice with everyone else here. I guess I should have known better. (shrug)

I have no issues with you. Your name isn't Chandler, or DWC.

As far as the OP with Blackstar comics.. Ignore the guy, ban him from getting CGC SS sigs. That's the solution. Or you could flood his e-bay e-mail telling him that he is wrong.

Huh. I point out how negative this place is and I get attacked. Great.

First off, I've had pirate on ignore for awhile now. He never has anything positive or good to say, so I just don't even look at his posts. At least that was true until I read the post from lscomics which made it clear that I was now involved specifically. pirate, just because you won't deal with me, doesn't mean no one will. In fact, I think that makes you the only one. No big loss to me.

Second, lscomics is right. You just got one thread locked, why not make it two in a day? I'm sure it won't be your fault as I was just asking for it.

Third, lscomics is right again. If everything here is so infuriating to you (pirate), just go away. All you're doing is making CGC and yourself look bad. If you're what they want to represent them, I'm not sure they are a company that I want to support. You attack fellow representatives in a public forum then top it off by coming after a customer in that same public forum.

1. you were specifically involved because you ran your mouth off in the other thread about, don't play the victim. Funny you took me off ignore long enough to read and post what you did. I don't recall talking to you in quite a while, so why are you starting now?

2. Makes no difference, you have me on ignore. How do you know I was even involved in the last thread? Don't be one of those people who use the quote feature to read ignored posts. man up.

3. I'm not representing CGC as I have said a hundred times, it's my opinion. If you and LS don't like it, sorry for your luck, use the ignore feature. I know you're just taking sides to hopefully get in someone's good graces so you can sub again.

Everyone remember to get your london books off to Richie this week. He needs them by the 23rd.

Taking a step back here, if this Blackstar has been outright selling fake sigs on raw comics on eBay is this not worse for the comic industry than him trying to ask assine prices on SS CGC books?

It sounds like this business practice of Blackstar's has been known to be going on for a while now so then I have to ask why would anyone who works with the CGC Sig Series want to do business with a known scammer who is specifically selling fake sigs? Sounds like this guy should have been blacklisted for sometime now by everyone who can sub SS books.

Taking a step back here, if this Blackstar has been outright selling fake sigs on raw comics on eBay is this not worse for the comic industry than him trying to ask assine prices on SS CGC books?

It sounds like this business practice of Blackstar's has been known to be going on for a while now so then I have to ask why would anyone who works with the CGC Sig Series want to do business with a known scammer who is specifically selling fake sigs? Sounds like this guy should have been blacklisted for sometime now by everyone who can sub SS books.

You're pretty much right on the money. I think a big part of the problem was that so very few knew his real name. It's hard to blacklist someone when all you have is an eBay name.

Granted his name has come to the surface from time to time, but I don't know that anyone had put it all together in the sense of banning him. One might have, but until recently, I don't think that the majority was unified on that front.

When blackstar stole my SS Lee book, ebay forced him to return it to me. What i got back was a fake raw stan lee wolverine book instead of to this day missing Lee book. Ebay then gave me my money back, so i was satisfied.

I haven't look at his auctions in quite a while, but he used to have tons of raw books signed by Lee, McFarlane, Romita's etc. No one would pay those signing prices to keep those books raw. Some were blatantly obvious fakes. That's the type of stuff he was selling a lot of.

Everyone remember to get your london books off to Richie this week. He needs them by the 23rd.

hm

I could be wrong but I think he needs them sooner than that!

sorry 20th for the masses.

Even with a blacklist it does not stop the guy from submitting through other people. I remember seeing another guy ,not Blackstar, getting his kids to get signatures at a convention for him.

Guess the best deterrent is to point the guy out by photo like in that other thread Toast had something about PGX? at a comic convention has a fuzzy pic of a guy getting an Avengers 4?

My motto (Get as many signatures out to the public as possible, with the artist's permission of course, tell people how to get stuff on their own or the process, if they are serious about getting it then they will, then that will cut into the profit that anybody is trying to make)