• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackstar...now adding bad taste to lobotomy pricing...

174 posts in this topic

Sorry to be a Noob here about Ebay, but does anyone know how to block his books from showing up on a search (shrug)

I'm glad he put his "books" on those janky pedistals but it's still a pain to go through seven pages of drek.... :insane:

+1 how does one exclude they guy on a search. I just ignore all the pedestal picture listings when I scroll through.

On a side note can't people just report the fake non-slabbed sigs to ebay as counterfeit & get them removed?

Even with a blacklist it does not stop the guy from submitting through other people. I remember seeing another guy ,not Blackstar, getting his kids to get signatures at a convention for him.

I see what you mean here. It's sort of like putting a padlock on a chest, it won't keep anyone that really want in out. What it will do is make them work a little harder.

Guess the best deterrent is to point the guy out by photo like in that other thread Toast had something about PGX? at a comic convention has a fuzzy pic of a guy getting an Avengers 4?

Not a bad idea. hm

My motto (Get as many signatures out to the public as possible, with the artist's permission of course, tell people how to get stuff on their own or the process, if they are serious about getting it then they will, then that will cut into the profit that anybody is trying to make)

I can see that, but at the same time the guys that get me sigs often use their profits to keep going to shows to get more sigs. It's a double edged sword.

Sorry to be a Noob here about Ebay, but does anyone know how to block his books from showing up on a search (shrug)

I'm glad he put his "books" on those janky pedistals but it's still a pain to go through seven pages of drek.... :insane:

+1 how does one exclude they guy on a search. I just ignore all the pedestal picture listings when I scroll through.

On a side note can't people just report the fake non-slabbed sigs to ebay as counterfeit & get them removed?

From eBay:

IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THE SEARCH YET: Click on the Advanced Search link in the upper right-hand corner of any eBay page. If you get a short page of search options, click on the Advanced search link at the bottom of the page.

Enter the words you want to search, then scroll down to the From Sellers section. The part you need looks roughly like this:

O From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)

[ include ][v] [__________________________]

Tick the box in front of the line that says: "From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)". In the line below it, click the down-arrow and choose "Exclude." Then enter the seller's user ID - in fact, you can enter up to 10 of them (in eBay's new search, you can exclude many more than 10). When you've done that, hit the Enter key on your keyboard and your search will be performed.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THE SEARCH: If you have already performed a search and find it ... ahem ... cluttered with too many listings from one or more sellers, you can filter out those listings quickly. Take note of the user IDs you want to exclude, then click on the tiny Advanced Search link above the first listing on the yellow bar. Scroll down to the From Sellers section. Tick the box in front of the line that says: "From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)". In the line below it, click the down-arrow and choose "Exclude." Then enter the user IDs you want to exclude. Lastly, hit the Enter key on your keyboard and your search will be performed.

IF YOU ARE BROWSING THE LISTINGS: If you clicked on the Buy button then navigated to a list of items in a subcategory, you can remove sellers' listings as well. Click on the tiny Advanced Search link above the first listing on the yellow bar. Leave the search box blank, then scroll down to the From Sellers section. Tick the box in front of the line that says: "From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)". In the line below it, click the down-arrow and choose "Exclude." Then enter the user IDs you want to exclude. Lastly, hit the Enter key on your keyboard and your search will be performed.

Note that at present there is no way to permanently exclude seller's listings; the above must be done each time. eBay administration sees no need for a seller block function (yet).

I'm not trying to be a RICHARD here, but, if you knew/previously had knowledge of what he was doing, why did you accept submissions from him to begin with, knowing that HE is damaging the relationship between creators and CGC?

Are you asking just us that question Adonis or is that question being asked of everyone who accepts books? Because there are/were others on these boards who do/have done business with Blackstar.

As for DWC's position. It is NOT DWC's place to tell others how to conduct their own business. But once the way one conducts business causes creators to stop signing for his fans, and that has an effect on DWC being able to get customers books signed then DWC has the right to address such matters.

It is YOUR place to tell someone that their business is no longer welcomed. YOU, as a business, have the right to refuse services.

An example would be that DWC would not tell you, Adonis, that we will not business with you because you get sketchs done at a show. But if you were altering those sketches and then selling them and the creator who originally drew those sketches said they would not sketch for anyone anymore then we would need to address that problem with you and hope to see it resolved. But in the meantime, we would choose to no longer do business with you until the issue is resolved.

First of, don't ever use me in "examples", I never assumed, you did. I simpy asked a question to which I already knew the answer, I just wanted to hear your POV. Second, you're bringing up other people's past and spreading false rumors.

Adonis and everyone who reads this, it was a purely hypothetical example. If you read it again you will see that I did not accuse you of anything. I was simply coming up with an example of something that could happen. I have no knowledge of you or anyone ever altering a sketch. I am sorry if anyone misunderstood the example.

In the past, members of the boards have questioned Blackstar's methods but it was still just that a member questioning his methods. But now that creators have come forward to state their position, that has a different effect on all of those in the community.

You're partly right, member's have questioned and are still disgusted with the way Blackstar is tarnishing the CGC community, YOU however, have failed to notice that.

I guess to you it doesn't matter where a dollar comes from. A dirty dollar is still...well dirty.

I'm not trying to be a RICHARD here, but, if you knew/previously had knowledge of what he was doing, why did you accept submissions from him to begin with, knowing that HE is damaging the relationship between creators and CGC?

Are you asking just us that question Adonis or is that question being asked of everyone who accepts books? Because there are/were others on these boards who do/have done business with Blackstar.

As for DWC's position. It is NOT DWC's place to tell others how to conduct their own business. But once the way one conducts business causes creators to stop signing for his fans, and that has an effect on DWC being able to get customers books signed then DWC has the right to address such matters.

It is YOUR place to tell someone that their business is no longer welcomed. YOU, as a business, have the right to refuse services.

An example would be that DWC would not tell you, Adonis, that we will not business with you because you get sketchs done at a show. But if you were altering those sketches and then selling them and the creator who originally drew those sketches said they would not sketch for anyone anymore then we would need to address that problem with you and hope to see it resolved. But in the meantime, we would choose to no longer do business with you until the issue is resolved.

First of, don't ever use me in "examples", I never assumed, you did. I simpy asked a question to which I already knew the answer, I just wanted to hear your POV. Second, you're bringing up other people's past and spreading false rumors.

Adonis and everyone who reads this, it was a purely hypothetical example. If you read it again you will see that I did not accuse you of anything. I was simply coming up with an example of something that could happen. I have no knowledge of you or anyone ever altering a sketch. I am sorry if anyone misunderstood the example.

In the past, members of the boards have questioned Blackstar's methods but it was still just that a member questioning his methods. But now that creators have come forward to state their position, that has a different effect on all of those in the community.

You're partly right, member's have questioned and are still disgusted with the way Blackstar is tarnishing the CGC community, YOU however, have failed to notice that.

I guess to you it doesn't matter where a dollar comes from. A dirty dollar is still...well dirty.

This is without a doubt the best (worst) one yet!!! lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZIGGY-PIG-SILLY-SEAL-1-CGC-SS-6-0-TIMELY-COMICS-1944-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-/251006921103?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a712da98f

You can get this same book for about the same grade at Mile High right now for 221.00. Add Stan's fee and its a 320.00 book. What kind of crack addition does this guy do on these books?? :makepoint:

This is without a doubt the best (worst) one yet!!! lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZIGGY-PIG-SILLY-SEAL-1-CGC-SS-6-0-TIMELY-COMICS-1944-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-/251006921103?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a712da98f

You can get this same book for about the same grade at Mile High right now for 221.00. Add Stan's fee and its a 320.00 book. What kind of crack addition does this guy do on these books?? :makepoint:

the kitchen counter cost more than the podium :P

I thought someone was suppose to speak to him about this mess

Chandler said he spoke with "blackstar" and that he would no longer take submissions from him if he kept this up. I think NYComics has also said they wouldn't work with him so hopefully that cuts down on his access but blackstar has said that he really doesn't care, sooooo what to do, what to do hm

bab6bbc8.jpg

:jokealert:

He lives in PA, he can still go to conventions without a facilitator. Once his SS books come in, he can then use those as exhibits for his forgeries on the raw books. He's way off on the high end signature fakes, but this doesn't seem to affect numpta's buying them.

He's getting closer to that Bazillion-Gazillion dollars buy it now price!

The only think limiting him are the finite numbers of 1's and 0's on the interwebs.