• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 GRAILS - THAT YOU OWN

1,214 posts in this topic

Not hijacking. You were only supposed to post 5 grails, not every single comic grail that ever existed and that you also happen to own. Follow the rules next time. :baiting:

:sorry: Okay.

No.no.no. Don't stop. I was only joking. I love seeing these books. I was just funning that most of us might have a grail or even five, but you've got them all. It's really an amazing collection. Please keep posting scans.

No offense taken. :grin:

You're right about the 5 grails rule though, so I think I'll spread some of this stuff around in the Golden Age threads. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I was totally and completely kidding around about a 5 book "rule". I say post 'em all here and in other threads and in general and in original art. These books are that good. It gives me goose pimples to think that someone has them all together and raw to boot! (thumbs u

Not hijacking. You were only supposed to post 5 grails, not every single comic grail that ever existed and that you also happen to own. Follow the rules next time. :baiting:

:sorry: Okay.

No.no.no. Don't stop. I was only joking. I love seeing these books. I was just funning that most of us might have a grail or even five, but you've got them all. It's really an amazing collection. Please keep posting scans.

No offense taken. :grin:

You're right about the 5 grails rule though, so I think I'll spread some of this stuff around in the Golden Age threads. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I was totally and completely kidding around about a 5 book "rule". I say post 'em all here and in other threads and in general and in original art. These books are that good. It gives me goose pimples to think that someone has them all together and raw to boot! (thumbs u

I just posted some early Superman's over in the Golden Age Superman thread.

:o thecollectron- seriously... I think I got goosebumps looking at your books. I think it is AWESOME you keep them raw! I'm assuming you give them a read once in a great while or no?

I take them out for a drive once in awhile, but not in a convertible.

Seriously, I do look at them sometimes. I figured while I had them out this time I might as well make scans of the covers.

Thanks for posting, mr. thecollectron! You are certainly deserving of your moniker!!! (worship)

My Top 5 Books...

(In no particular order)

1. Avengers #4 GD+

2. Amazing Spider-Man #3 G/VG

3. Amazing Spider-Man #14 GD+

4. Amazing Spider-Man #s 121/122 VF- (sorry, these two are inseperable)

5. Amazing Spider-Man #300 VF+

Of course... these are just some of my favorites off the top of my head. The story behind the Avenger's 4 is probably what puts it in this list over one or two other books I own (i.e. ASM 15, My Batman Year One set, etc).

This is an Interesting thread that I only now stumbled onto.

It's neat to see everyone's choices and books from their collection. It also forces me to make an interesting set of choices myself since all that I'm collecting is grails (the books on the cover of Gerber's Photo-Journals). Still, some of them are pretty tough books.

Silver Streak #6 (VG)

th_sstreak6.jpg

Hit #5 (CGC 6.0 SP)

th_hit5.jpg

Planet #1 (CGC 4.5 EP)

th_planet1.jpg

Terrific #4 (raw here but now the best CGC 2.5 you've ever seen)

th_terrific4.jpg

Mask #2 (VG/F)

th_Mask2.gif

It's neat to see everyone's choices and books from their collection. It also forces me to make an interesting set of choices myself since all that I'm collecting is grails (the books on the cover of Gerber's Photo-Journals). Still, some of them are pretty tough books.

Silver Streak #6 (VG)

th_sstreak6.jpg

Sweet Grails! How can you beat Silver Streak #6 just a truly classic cover (worship)

Terrific #4 (raw here but now the best CGC 2.5 you've ever seen)

th_terrific4.jpg

Sweet book ;)