• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 GRAILS - THAT YOU OWN

1,214 posts in this topic

Here are my top five. I cheated and listed six because I couldn't decide on the last one. I just got an OFF 20 that might bump one of these out though...

My grails are almost always based on striking cover art.

1. Headline 8.

headline8.jpg

2. Albedo 2.

albedo2-1.jpg

3. Blue Bolt 105.

bluebolt105.jpg

4. GI Combat 78

gic78.jpg

5. Mister Mystery 12 and Crime Suspenstories 22

mm12-1.jpg

crimesuspen22.jpg

Here are my top five. I cheated and listed six because I couldn't decide on the last one. I just got an OFF 20 that might bump one of these out though...

1. Headline 8.

headline8.jpg

2. Albedo 2.

albedo2-1.jpg

3. Blue Bolt 105.

bluebolt105.jpg

4. GI Combat 78

Sick cover, who is the artist?

gic78.jpg

5. Mister Mystery 12 and Crime Suspenstories 22

mm12-1.jpg

crimesuspen22.jpg

That GI combat cover is sick. Who is the artist?

4. GI Combat 78

gic78.jpg

The artists:

GICombat78CGCSSlabel.jpg

Heath didn't do the cover, believe Grandenneti did. Heath did the interiors.

You should apologize for lying to me. Didn't your later post show Kubert did the cover?

Heath didn't do the cover, believe Grandenneti did. Heath did the interiors.

You should apologize for lying to me. Didn't your later post show Kubert did the cover?

oops sorry, was making a guess and didn't look. To my defense, Grandenetti did a lot of the War Greytone covers.

4. GI Combat 78

gic78.jpg

The artists:

GICombat78CGCSSlabel.jpg

Thanks Trooper.

My top 5 grails that I own currently:

Batman #1 (Ok,not actually in my hands yet, but it's on the way...)

Tec 29

Tec 31

Action 7

AF#15

now that is a list I can appreciate!

congrats Fish

gator

My Top 5 Grails

Amazing Fantasy #15 RAW @ 6.5 F+

Tales to Astonish #27 RAW @ 5.0 VG/F

Daredevil #1 @ 7.5 VF-

Avengers #1 @ CGC 6.0

The Incredible Hulk #1 RAW at 5.5 F- (High Gloss Cover)

if I were a SA kind of guy, that would be my kind of list!

niiiiiiiiiccce

gator

I bought and read some of the Dennis comics and digests when I was a kid, and they were very entertaining. None of mine are high-grade because I re-read them so many times.

I was intrigued when I saw you were replying to Comicbookguy, and was wondering if he had posted recently, but clicked on to your link and saw it was from back in 2004, when we all thought he was just another comic collector.

I bought and read some of the Dennis comics and digests when I was a kid, and they were very entertaining. None of mine are high-grade because I re-read them so many times.

I was intrigued when I saw you were replying to Comicbookguy, and was wondering if he had posted recently, but clicked on to your link and saw it was from back in 2004, when we all thought he was just another comic collector.

:o

The top five grails that I own are all Uncanny X-men books: 94 - the first new X-men in series, 101 - first Phoenix and probably the only book I will buy from greggy, 132 - the last book I needed to complete my run, kudos to Steve, 143 - triple SS and 255 and/or 261 - the 261 came from MutantKeys - bought they only copies I have ever seen for sale. All of these were harder than heck for me to pick up. The 143 was signed by Byrne on my birthday. :)