• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 CGC Boards Holiday Raffle thread!

1,849 posts in this topic

What I understood from HolidayHam was that it'll work like this:

That's how I interpret it, however, we should let HolidayHam confirm or correct this. (thumbs u

Andy

Aren't you and HolidayHam one in the same? Or have to you divided your personality into two separate entities in Zaphod Beeblebrox fashion?

Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

I get that a lot. It's probably the snout. hm

Go stuff yourself. :censored:

:eek:

:fear:

You know, I just wanted to step back for a minute, and express gratitude to everyone who has been involved in all of this, the SS participants and the donors. I'll be honest, I didn't donate because this is my first time being involved in this, and I didn't know what was what. I am now sorry for that, I'd have given my prized comics if I'd know what was going on. A person who had their house burn down and the board make such a huge difference in that family's life? WOW, just wow. You're all good people as far as I'm concerned and I must admit, I initially underestimated the whole idea of this forum, so my mistake.

As a matter of fact, HolidayHam, I'd like to give me chance at a nomination in this raffle to the person whose house burned down, comicdonna. Even though I wasn't involved in last year's raffle and know nothing of the events, comicdonna, if my name comes up in this, claim the prize(s) for yourself, you deserve it. I, Benjamin Grimm, hereby give my nomination to comicdonna, just for giving back. That's just awesome. And even if I don't get drawn for prizes, comicdonna, contact me and if I've got something you want, it's yours, on me. HolidayHam, I hope that's okay.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, so I didn't know what Christmas was until I was twelve. You people have got it right; it's not getting, it's giving. Thanks to all of you for showing me that the idea is still alive.

You know, I just wanted to step back for a minute, and express gratitude to everyone who has been involved in all of this, the SS participants and the donors. I'll be honest, I didn't donate because this is my first time being involved in this, and I didn't know what was what. I am now sorry for that, I'd have given my prized comics if I'd know what was going on. A person who had their house burn down and the board make such a huge difference in that family's life? WOW, just wow. You're all good people as far as I'm concerned and I must admit, I initially underestimated the whole idea of this forum, so my mistake.

As a matter of fact, HolidayHam, I'd like to give me chance at a nomination in this raffle to the person whose house burned down, comicdonna. Even though I wasn't involved in last year's raffle and know nothing of the events, comicdonna, if my name comes up in this, claim the prize(s) for yourself, you deserve it. I, Benjamin Grimm, hereby give my nomination to comicdonna, just for giving back. That's just awesome. And even if I don't get drawn for prizes, comicdonna, contact me and if I've got something you want, it's yours, on me. HolidayHam, I hope that's okay.

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, so I didn't know what Christmas was until I was twelve. You people have got it right; it's not getting, it's giving. Thanks to all of you for showing me that the idea is still alive.

That's really kind of you. (worship)

Oh, and I wanted to say that someone asked to be removed from the list, as he/she wanted to donate anonymously and didn't want to pick in the raffle. I also had a participant on the list, but didn't see his donation.

Dropped another one.

So, we're currently at 101 players and 98 prizes.

Thank you for your very kind post, Benjamin. I will have to respectfully decline. Board members took real good care of me last year. Before the raffle started, I had made up my mind that I would be passing on my turn (s) if my name was drawn. Your generous offer won't be forgotten though. I hope you will understand my reasons for not accepting, and won't be offended. :foryou:

Mike

Thank you for your very kind post, Benjamin. I will have to respectfully decline. Board members took real good care of me last year. Before the raffle started, I had made up my mind that I would be passing on my turn (s) if my name was drawn. Your generous offer won't be forgotten though. I hope you will understand my reasons for not accepting, and won't be offended. :foryou:

Mike

Another fine gesture.

So, should HolidayHam remove your name, comicdonna? Don't you want a chance at any of that fine goodness? (shrug)

If you could ask Holliday Ham :eyeroll: to remove my name Andy, that would be great.

I'll PM him right now. (thumbs u

We will discuss this problem of yours after the hollidays, Andy.

Problem, what problem? (shrug)

Mike I want to one day meet you face to face and shake your hand,and buy you several rounds of your favorite alcoholic beverage. (worship)

Ben Grimm you'll find this place to be like no other message board,meeting these guys and talking to them every day has changed my life in so many ways.Yes there is a wealth of knowledge here,but once you get past all the B.S posts and junk.You will find the best group of people you will ever know.Merry Christmas everyone. (worship)

Mike

Considering that we basically had the same idea there, I completely understand. Your post about how the forum members helped you and your family out during your time of need was just awesome. Glad everything worked out for you.

:angel:

Since I've already made up my mind to donate my turn in the raffle, I'll pass my turn on to someone who has been a huge help to me here on the forums, and just with my comic collecting/buying/selling in general, as a thanks for all his help: WDMARVELCOMICS. Here's to hoping you get to pick something great, Wil!