• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What Is Your Job???

93 posts in this topic

I work in sales and marketing for a manufacturer of professional digital audio recording software and hardware. Our products are used in music recording and sound for film and television programs. Besides talking to lots of clients on the phone, I write product announcements, price lists and almost all other company messaging regarding product upgrades. In general, I deal with any upgrade sales-related crisis that may arise on a given day. Lots of colorful personalities in the music and movie business. Everyone's a rock star. 893frustrated.gif

In addition to my "real job", I work semi-regularly as a freelance photographer specializing in sports. It's more than just a hobby, but I do it for fun and $$$.

I've also worked professionally as a jazz saxophonist, but that and $2.95 will buy you a tall non-fat latte at Starbucks!

I walk around a room all day long with a cat-of-nine-tails, yelling foul words, and whipping lazy graders grin.gif

gossip.gifActually, I am grading more books today, and did so yesterday. The turn around times will be much better for standards come Monday morning 893applaud-thumb.gif

I walk around a room all day long with a cat-of-nine-tails, yelling foul words, and whipping lazy graders grin.gif

OUCH! 893censored-thumb.gif

Get back to work!!!! I ain't waiting no stink'in 4 months again.... 893frustrated.gif

hi.gif

I work in the manufacturing department of a Biotech company to pay for my bills

I play bass in a couple bands for peanuts and hopeful glory

I peddle some comics on Ebay in order to buy more comics and pay for the fun things that my regular job won't allow me to do

To pay the bills, I'm a mild-mannered textbook manager at the local community college bookstore. Been in the book business for 17 years.

When I'm not at the bookstore, I'm home writing screenplays. Unproduced so far, but I'm currently developing a -script with the producers of "Elf". Wish me luck, these guys actually think I know how to write.

Jeff

Civil/Environmental Engineer specializing in low-level hazardous cleanups, i.e. spills. And yes, you can say low-level and hazardous in the same sentence. Sorry Pov and Sterling but not every liquid will eat a fellow's face off. grin.gif

When the big sheets hit the fan, I go running just like everyone else shocked.gif

I am actually an integrated circuit design manager and chip architect. I work for the largest programmable logic company in the world. The work may sound boring, but I actually love it. On the side, I write text books.