• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

O/T:your top 2 funniest movies of all time

187 posts in this topic

Groundhog Day was great, but I can't watch anything with Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, or Ben Stiller. All 3 of them annoy me to no end.

I can't believe Adam Sandler isn't on that list.

I don't find any of these 4 funny at all. I just don't get why they get roles.

Groundhog Day was great, but I can't watch anything with Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, or Ben Stiller. All 3 of them annoy me to no end.

Sandler, for sure.

The other 3 have had some pretty funny things.

Stiller is pretty funny. "Meet the Parents" (the first one) was great. He was hilarious in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Farrell is hit-or-miss for me. But, when he's funny, he's hilarious. Same with Carrey.

For some reason, I can't explain why, but one of the funniest movies I've ever seen is "Babes In Toyland" starring Laurel and Hardy.

No matter how many times I've seen it, I literally laugh until I'm in tears. That movie is timeless comedy gold. lol

What's not to like ? (shrug)

oliver_hardy___babes_in_toyland.jpg

I generally find the 20 minute shorts funnier than the feature length films, but they had many, many classics either way.

Naked Gun was definitely one that had me in stiches when I watched it.

The entire scene where he breaks into the Ricardo Montalban's office is one of the greatest ever. When he ends up out on that ledge.... lol

Anybody who's got Anchorman in their top one million needs to be euthenized before they can breed. :eek:

I take care of Will Farrells dads house in Irvine,ca.Pretty crazy seeing old family photos of Will as a kid and growing up.

Will Farrell a couple weeks ago...

Farrell.jpg

Yeah that's here in Irvine.Do you live in Irvine 50cent?

Anybody who's got Anchorman in their top one million needs to be euthenized before they can breed. :eek:

I'm sure some North Americans feel the same way about Monty Python.

:baiting:

Anchorman is funny because of how ludicrous it is.

Yes, this. I've tried watching the Monty Python movies.....and yeah, no dice. Not funny AT ALL. I just don't find that type of "humour" entertaining. I guess that just goes to show you how your culture (and age lol) defines on what you find funny.

Anchorman is, without a doubt, the funniest movie I've ever seen. No question. It is SUPPOSE to be so freaking stupid and out there, you can't help but laugh. I mean seriously, how can you NOT laugh at this quote:

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's *spoon*.

Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.

Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?

Ron Burgundy: No. No.

Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.

Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

To each their own I guess (thumbs u

"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

Carrey's best movie wasn't even a comedy - Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind.

Farrell worked best on SNL - especially playing Trebek!

Stiller is just plain not funny, but surrounds himself with funny performers so he kind of looks funny at times.

Sandler = :P

"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

:roflmao:

Every line in the movie is quotable (I think someone mentioned that earlier).

I take care of Will Farrells dads house in Irvine,ca.Pretty crazy seeing old family photos of Will as a kid and growing up.

Will Farrell a couple weeks ago...

Farrell.jpg

Yeah that's here in Irvine.Do you live in Irvine 50cent?

Actually it's in Beverly Hills, I live in between the two.

Stiller bashing aside, I will put in one plug for Dodgeball...not one of my top two, but there are some damn funny moments from Patches O'Houlihan and others.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Dan