• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book Acquisitions of 2011!

131 posts in this topic

Comic book and comic book related acquisitions...my top 3

And picked up my second Heshka! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

5673797005_2075732310_b.jpg

I love the artwork! What are the dimensions? You should post your first one as well... :baiting:

Thanks. Here's a link to my first Heshka.... Startling Comics 49

They are both about 14.5 x 19"

3 is so hard........

First, the last John Carter cover of The Funnies needed for my collection

Funnies36.jpg

I've always wanted a copy of this book, finally I do :)

superman14.jpg

Last I'm going to have to go with this one, had a nice copy years ago and let it go. Never forgave myself.

HumanTorch8.jpg

Comic book related stuff: I commissioned a bunch of sketch covers this year, got some Charlie Adlard WD sketches, and bought a page of OA from Charles Paul Wilson III (The Stuff of Legend).

strait comic book acquisitions this year:

#1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1

Picked this up at SDCC this year. :cloud9:

TMNT1.jpg

TMNT1B.jpg

#2 Cerebus The Aardvark #1

Not high grade, but presents better in person.

Cerebus1-3.jpg

#3 The Tick Special Edition #1

Not sure how many other Tick fans are here...

Tick1.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Got the AV#4 from The Resurrection :applause:----Got the ASM#2 from BillC :applause:----------Got the X-Men back around '90-'92,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------but slabbed it this year :cloud9:[/font]

MYAV4-3.jpgASM2BIG-1.jpgMyCGCsubX-MEN50-2.jpg

Tip Top 1 - First comic book appearance of Tazan from 1936. This is a personal grail for me and getting a decent looking mid grade copy was a big bonus, not to mention finding a 75 year old book with OW pages..

TipTop001CGC50fcsm.jpg

Hi-Spot Comics 2 - Most of you have probably never even heard of this comic which isn't surprising given it's scarcity. It's one of the toughest ERB-related comics (after Funnies 36) and almost never comes up for sale. It took me four years of active searching to find a GD copy and another four to finally upgrade to this VG.

Hi-Spot2VG.jpg

Fantasy Fan vol. 1 no. 7 (Mar 1934)- This last acquisition is a fanzine rather than a comic book, but it is so cool I have to include it. The Fantasy Fan was the first fanzine dedicated to weird fiction and fantasy, and usually had contributions from some of the biggest names in early fandom like Forrest J. Ackerman, Julie Schwartz, Mort Weisinger, and others, as well as professionals like H. P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, August Derleth, and Robert Bloch. This issue is the grail of the Fantasy Fan run and contains the first publication of the Conan story "The Frost Giant's Daughter." Weird Tales had rejected it so REH changed Conan's name to "Amra" and the title to "Gods of the North" and gave it to The Fantasy Fan. The original print run was only about 60 copies and very few of these fragile booklets survive---this is likely one of the best copies in existence. This is likely the rarest of all Conan publications:

FantasyFan007.jpg

FantasyFanGotN.jpg

Tip Top 1 - First comic book appearance of Tazan from 1936. This is a personal grail for me and getting a decent looking mid grade copy was a big bonus, not to mention finding a 75 year old book with OW pages..

TipTop001CGC50fcsm.jpg

They are all three nice Jeff, but for me this one is more up my alley, and a nice copy to boot. Congrats!!!! :applause:

My favorites this year have been well read and loved...you can tell by the low grades!

Flash #123: I've been looking for this issue a long time and finally got it this year!

flash123front1.jpg

Tales From the Crypt #32: I know the book is jacked up, but I got it signed by Jack Davis.

tc32.jpg

Next is a toss up between Showcase #14 & Wonder Woman 108. It took FOREVER to find WW 108...

sc14.jpg

ww108.jpg