• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

ASM: #694 - Humberto Ramos' terrible art has finally worn off onto Dan Slott, so we have a badly written issue with possibly the most irritating character in modern comics - Alpha.

Avengers vs X-men: #0-#11 - 12 issues of pointless squabbles and dire dialogue. Is it wrong to want all of them to die?

AVX vs: #1-#5 - more of the same nonsense.

The Avengers: #24.1-#30 - somebody put this book out of its misery, woeful writing and awful art.

New Avengers: #23-#30 - more fighting with mutants in the dullest way possible.

Total: 1588

At least dull writing & rubbish art is not limited to the DC new 52! lol

I read about 50 series a month, and Marvel almost doesn't feature any more for me. I'm down to 4 Marvel books a month, so less than 10% of my pull list. And I'm a proud Marvel zombie doh!

I just don't enjoy them anymore...at all.

I'm still getting 13 New DC books every month, but I'm down from 20+ as well.

Dark Horse, Image, Vertigo and the other indies are blowing the "big two" away.

At least dull writing & rubbish art is not limited to the DC new 52! lol

I read about 50 series a month, and Marvel almost doesn't feature any more for me. I'm down to 4 Marvel books a month, so less than 10% of my pull list. And I'm a proud Marvel zombie doh!

I just don't enjoy them anymore...at all.

I'm still getting 13 New DC books every month, but I'm down from 20+ as well.

Dark Horse, Image, Vertigo and the other indies are blowing the "big two" away.

I still need my X-Men fix, so still reading all X titles (even the crapy titles).

Marvel 1985: #1-#6 - Mark Millar invites the Marvel world into ours and turns the whole thing into a Stephen King like nightmare. An enjoyable read.

Total: 1594

I really dug that series! (thumbs u

Me too - you get to see super-villains being as ruthless as you would expect them to be.

Demon Knights-V1 7 issues (Pretty darn good, always been a Demon fan!)

Secret Avengers-V4 & V5 11 issues (Gone down hill, not sure if I will pick up the next trade :( )

Mister Terrific-V1 8 issues (Love this character, but this trade was :cry: )

Gothem City Sirens- V1 7 issues (Did nothing for me, will not pick up the 2nd trade)

Batman-Black Mirror 11 issues (One of the best Bat books I have read in a long time! Great story and art! (thumbs u )

Detective Comics- V1 New 52 7 issues (Pertty good stuff!)

X-Factor- V10, V11, V12, V13 21 issues (Love this book! One of the best main stream Marvel books! (thumbs u )

Incorruptible-V7 4 issues ( (thumbs u Love this book, sorry to see it go...)

Batman-V1 New 52 7 issues (Like the new Tec, this one is pretty darn good as well!)

Aquaman- V1 New 52 6 issues (One of the best New 52 books! (thumbs u )

Grifter-V1 New 52 8 issues (Pretty good re-boot, will pick up next trade.)

The Ultimates-V2 6 issues (Digging this series)

Deathstroke-V1 New 52 8 issues (Dug it, will pick up the next trade)

House Of Mystery-V8 7 issues (Damn good! (thumbs u Sorry to see it end)

Omac-V1 New 52 8 issues (Good fun! Kirby would have liked the way this was done! (thumbs u )

Swamp Thing-V1 New 52 7 issues (Really enjoyed this! (thumbs u )

Scalped-V9 6 issues (Still one of the best books around!!! (thumbs u (thumbs u )

Thief Of Thieves-V1 7 issues (Great read!!! (thumbs u (thumbs u )

858 comics read since Jan 1st

Secret Avengers: 23-31 - gone from being the weakest Avengers title to being the best. Rick Remender taking over the writing is a massive improvement but it's still somewhat of a disappointment to see the original Human Torch, the original Vision and the original Captain Marvel making comebacks - when characters die, just let them die.

Total: 1609

Finally finished my Tomb of Dracula run, after starting it over 2 years ago.

TOD #50 - #70 (21 comics)

Paying for it - Chester Brown. I was so intrigued by a recent board thread where this was referenced I downloaded the graphic novel. Even though the subject matter is adult all the way, I did find some parts very funny and others quite sad. An interesting look at the subject matter, and never boring.

The GN was 302 pages, but to be honest I only read the first 243 pages as the last 60 or so pages were all annotations, which someday I might read, but then again I probably won't.

32 comics added for a total of 1714 comics read in 2012

Started on a batch of indies I still had laying around.

First of all...Warren Ellis

Ocean #1 - #6

Down #1 - #4

City of Silence #1 - #3

Reload #1 - #3

Mek #1-#3

Bad World #1-#4

Blackgas #1 - #3

26 comics added for a total of 1740 read in 2012

Only a couple of books towards the goal

0719 X-Treme X-Men 1

0720 X-Treme X-Men 2