• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest Comic in Your Collection That You Bought Brand New!

106 posts in this topic

in terms of when the comic came out it would have to be showcase 8 or worlds finest comics 88...not sure which came out first...

if your talking about the comic ive owned the longest it would probably be xmen adventures 1. my dad knew i liked the cartoon and went to a comic shop and bought it for me. it was my very first comic

Mine would be X-Men 172 :cloud9:

I bought it with change from buying my parents cigarettes (remember when you could still do that as a kid?)

1973 bought silver surfer #1 (but since it was released 5 years earlier it doesn't count as "month released". So it would be a star trek gold key issue from summer of 73. Still have the silver surfer to this day. Sold the star trek long ago

I think the OP needs to change the thread title to read "Oldest comic you bought brand new" or something similar to add some clarity here.

Cool topic but I think people are still missing the subtlety of the ask!

This is the only one I actually bought when it came out that ever survived my collection-wide massive sell-offs:

Lobo_Paramilitary_Christmas_Special_1.jpg

It's practically worthless in value, but priceless in terms of story quality.

I think the first books I bought with my allowance money were Daredevils - around the issue 180 range. The first books my mom bought for me were Roms and Battlestar Galacticas.

1st comic I ever bought with my own money was Batman #103 in 1956 I believe. Bought it off the spinner rack in a Walgreens in Chicago. Still have the book and had it graded by CGC and they gave it a grade of 9.2. The book is still in my collection.