• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

My raw B&W is probably in the 8.0-ish range. Needs pressed because all the defects are non color breaking...

The only raw Gold copy I have left is probably 9.2-9.4 or so.

I haven't publicly posted the image Jeph York sent me back of my cover scans of the two variants and the "Special Thanks" section just because the HC hasn't been published yet and I don't want to step on any toes...

(shrug)

The B&W variant cover went for $180 on CL.

Did you win it? :wishluck:

No :(

Damn, that sucks!! I wonder if it would've went for less if you didn't post in this thread that it was available on CL.

I'd also love to get a B&W CGC 9.8!! It's one of my top 10 most wanted CGC graded books to get!!

A B&W CGC 9.8 is at the top of my wanted list! That and I still need CGC 9.8 copies of the regular edition of X-Men #25, X-Force #25 and X-Factor #92.

My last two raw copies of the variants (these are the ones which were scanned for Jeph York to be featured in the upcoming Fatal Attractions hardcover):

100_2394.jpg

A B&W CGC 9.8 is at the top of my wanted list! That and I still need CGC 9.8 copies of the regular edition of X-Men #25, X-Force #25 and X-Factor #92.

My last two raw copies of the variants (these are the ones which were scanned for Jeph York to be featured in the upcoming Fatal Attractions hardcover):

100_2394.jpg

Wow that's a BAD @SS Picture just because you can see that it's not just a Color Variant but it's also a Hologram Variant!! Both books are Completely Different!! These 2 Variants are probably my Favorite Variants from the early 90s!!

Did you win it?

:wishluck:

Well, . I'd love to have one. $180 is a bit much, though. I got outbid on eBay a few months ago on a CGC 9.8 within the last few minutes. It went for around $160, I think.

I thought $180 was too much for me.

I'm still looking for a 9.8 copy of the Gold variant,and the B&W cover.

Did you win it? :wishluck:

Damn, that sucks!! I wonder if it would've went for less if you didn't post in this thread that it was available on CL.

I'd also love to get a B&W CGC 9.8!! It's one of my top 10 most wanted CGC graded books to get!!

lol

I really need to keep my mouth shut doh!

B&W Edition (shows up as Variant Cover on the Census and CGC labels):

20 Universal in 9.8 (none higher)

44 Universal, 4 Qualified and 3 SS in 9.6

27 Universal and 2 SS in 9.4

11 Universal in 9.2

5 Universal in 9.0

5 Universal in 8.5

2 Universal in 8.0

1 Universal in 7.0[/b]

The census data is off by 1 B&W edition, in 9.0. Mine is listed as a regular cover and wrong hologram, just haven't sent it in to get corrected. Just sayin'.

CGC25.jpg

11 Universal in 9.2

5 Universal in 9.0

5 Universal in 8.5

2 Universal in 8.0

1 Universal in 7.0[/b]

The census data is off by 1 B&W edition, in 9.0. Mine is listed as a regular cover and wrong hologram, just haven't sent it in to get corrected. Just sayin'.

CGC25.jpg

And the hologram not matching the label wasn't a dead give away for them, let alone the B&W cover? :screwy:

11 Universal in 9.2

5 Universal in 9.0

5 Universal in 8.5

2 Universal in 8.0

1 Universal in 7.0[/b]

CGC25.jpg

And the hologram not matching the label wasn't a dead give away for them, let alone the B&W cover? :screwy:

That means they would have actually had to look at it. Sheesh.....

11 Universal in 9.2

5 Universal in 9.0

5 Universal in 8.5

2 Universal in 8.0

1 Universal in 7.0[/b]

CGC25.jpg

That means they would have actually had to look at it. Sheesh.....

lol yeah I guess if they would've looked at it they would've been able to tell right away it's not the regular comic. The big #25 and no Cover Price is a real easy way to tell + the lack of color and the different hologram should have made it very obvious that it's not the regular edition.

Just for fun, here's some pictures of the rest of my Fatal Attractions collection, raw and CGC graded:

100_2377.jpg

Very Nice!! :applause:

Agreed :applause:

Show off - but very nicely done (thumbs u

...but I'm not done yet...

:devil:

Still need that 9.8 B&W variant!

Oh, and a 9.8 X-Factor #92, X-Force #25, and the regular X-Men #25...

Love my Kubert brothers SS copies, though. :cloud9:

Just for fun, here's some pictures of the rest of my Fatal Attractions collection, raw and CGC graded:

100_2377.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't bid on the CGC 9.8 B&W variant on CL.

100_2377.jpg

So do you collect or concentrate on just X-Titles?

I'm surprised you didn't bid on the CGC 9.8 B&W variant on CL.

I would have loved to, but I don't have the extra cash right now. $180 is still a bit above what I think the variant is worth, though, so I wouldn't have bid up that high anyway. Sucks that there's only 20 on the Census. I'm hoping to have my raw copy pressed and see what CGC grades it.