• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS show us your books from 1962

446 posts in this topic

Man those are stunners! I'm not sure I've ever even held a pre-hero in that kind of shape.

Agree - beautiful books... (thumbs u

Thanks guys!! :headbang: Just love these books + they're fun reads as well. :cloud9: Reader copies are certainly available or the first 30 issues of TOS + TTA have been reprinted in Marvel Masterworks.

Man those are stunners! I'm not sure I've ever even held a pre-hero in that kind of shape.

Agree - beautiful books... (thumbs u

Thanks guys!! :headbang: Just love these books + they're fun reads as well. :cloud9: Reader copies are certainly available or the first 30 issues of TOS + TTA have been reprinted in Marvel Masterworks.

Stupendous PRE-HERO books. :cloud9::applause::banana:

Thanks for sharing!

CHALL_28.jpg

Man, that's a great cover. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one at the California Con this Sunday. About six months ago I bought a slabbed CGC 4.5 Showcase 7 from a board member and then in San Diego I bought a reprint of the story in a Challengers issue from the seventies. I love the title; bought them when I was a kid and still have some issues. Keep posting your Challengers.

SLR

CHALL_28.jpg

Man, that's a great cover. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one at the California Con this Sunday. About six months ago I bought a slabbed CGC 4.5 Showcase 7 from a board member and then in San Diego I bought a reprint of the story in a Challengers issue from the seventies. I love the title; bought them when I was a kid and still have some issues. Keep posting your Challengers.

SLR

Thanks Steve,

Those early appearance in Showcase are cool. A LCS had Showcase #12 a couple of years back. Issue #12 and #7 are my two favorite Showcases that feature the Challengers.

I'm not sure if I have any more 1962 Challengers for this thread, but I do have a few more to post.

Okay. Time for a tranche of my February 1962 comics:

Action285.jpg

17-05-201183546PM.jpg

18-09-2011112148PM.jpg

16-08-201173528PM.jpg

:cool:

Four absolute classic books, Hepcat, and all out on sale at the same time. What an exciting time for DC superhero collectors.

There is of course a timing issue for books dated Jan and Feb in that they would have been on sale in late 1961. Copies would likely still be for sale many places in February. I think sensibly the cover date IS the date to go on.

There is of course a timing issue for books dated Jan and Feb in that they would have been on sale in late 1961. Copies would likely still be for sale many places in February. I think sensibly the cover date IS the date to go on.

I agree. I don't want to open the newstand calendar date can of worms and thus drive myself crazy so I'm therefore sticking to the cover date.

Here are scans of a few more of my DC comics from 1962:

17-12-201123901PM.jpg

Aquaman1.jpg

13-08-2011113310AM.jpg

HouseofMystery119.jpg

30-10-2011104304PM.jpg

10-06-201244933PM.jpg

18-05-2011110439PM.jpg

05-09-2011114058PM.jpg

SeaDevils3.jpg

02-06-201182042PM.jpg

I agree. I don't want to open the newstand calendar date can of worms and thus drive myself crazy so I'm therefore sticking to the cover date.

Here are scans I have handy of four more of my February 1962 comics:

17-12-201123901PM.jpg

Cave Carsons "Mole Machine" is very cool. :cloud9: Was this ever offered as a model kit?