• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

Congrats to Ian for getting his Buzzy.

Now can someone talk to my wife about helping me get a Woody? devil.gif

If your wife cant get you a Woody then you have major problems!

may I sugest Madison.. She is the best at what she does!

What an amazing development this is! There are probably quite a few collectors around the country looking for this comic knowing that they can sell it for lots of $$ and it is found by one who wants nothing for it. 893whatthe.gif This is one of the things that makes this hobby great... you never know what comic will turn up tomorrow.

Kudos to you Shield for helping a fellow collector to complete a truly remarkable collecting feat. It would have been easy to take advantage of this situation but you are obviously someone of great character. I salute you!

Good Luck Ian! 893applaud-thumb.gif

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

Great job fleecing another person to fulfill your selfish ends. thumbsup2.gif

deathlok, I think you're really out of line on this one. I think the main point of Ian's post was to express his thanks to Shield, not to gloat about getting the Buzzy 70. I don't think there was any fleecing here as I'm sure Ian would've gladly paid a hefty price for the Buzzy, and he was expressing his wonderment/gratitude at the way Shield acted. I'm not sure many of us on the Boards can say we would've acted in the same way.

If Ian and his quest bothers you this much, just block his posts, or don't read threads initiated by him. I find some of Ian's "woe is me" threads to be a bit much at times, but I think what he was trying to express in this thread is genuine.

I find it odd.. that we have the best and the worst of comic collecting and participating on these boards...... all in the same thread. foreheadslap.gif

For whatever your motivation Shield... it was a really nice gesture. thumbsup2.gif

And Ian.. for all your over the top comic quest related posts.. ....................bully for you. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That is what collectiing is all about!!

Who cares if someone doesnt like it, or finds you annoying.. big freaking dealio.

You go Boy!!!!!

Good luck to you on the rest of your list.. and I think you should at least buy Shield a Happy Meal..

popcorn.gif

WTG to you both..

And Deathlok...... not sure where the original venom came from, but your attempt at a "make nice ' post is too little too late in my book.

893naughty-thumb.gif

I would never be as obnoxious as Ian is, no matter how much I wanted to compelete any sort of collection. Nor do I relate every thread into an event in my life.

What is so wrong with that? So, some folks like to talk about themselves. If you're not interested, move on.

I'm a pretty introspective guy (more than most, I daresay), and I often relate other people's threads to something I know about. Seems to me that it could be done to establish some sort of rapport. That you don't see it that way is, well... too bad. I hope you are more open to folks trying to make a connection in your real life.

Anyhow... congratulations, Ian! One step closer!

And, thank you Shield for keeping me optimistic about the folks in this hobby!

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Congrats, Ian! And kudos to Shield and Archiefan! You're better men than most.

So do either one of you care to fill us on in how the book was acquired? smile.gif

Alan

No great story here unfortunately. Just noticed it among a bunch of comics that were for sale. Just goes to show you - never give up hope. You never know what will turn up.

Scott

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

I didn't get fleeced. Ian was adamant amount reimbursing me for it, I was more adamant about not accepting anything for it. Had I sold a freaking 8 dollar book for 600 dollars to IAN, like dealers that charge thousands over guide for books for him, I'd be no better than them.

There's a thing called Karma in this world, and I believe in what comes around goes around. Seriously deathlok, if you were THAT close to having every DC from 1935-current you wouldn't come on here and talk about it?

Seriously Shield I would never be as obnoxious as Ian is, no matter how much I wanted to compelete any sort of collection. Nor do I relate every thread into an event in my life. Nor do I annoy dealers/collectors to sell to me and me only.

As I said above, what you are doing is great, the person you are doing it for is questionable.

I try so hard to like you... confused-smiley-013.gif

And Deathlok...... not sure where the original venom came from, but your attempt at a "make nice ' post is too little too late in my book.

893naughty-thumb.gif

I never tried to make nice, Zeman. Perhaps you misinterpreted what was said in you book. I still stand by my original comment. 893censored-thumb.gif

I didn't get fleeced. Ian was adamant amount reimbursing me for it, I was more adamant about not accepting anything for it. Had I sold a freaking 8 dollar book for 600 dollars to IAN, like dealers that charge thousands over guide for books for him, I'd be no better than them.

There's a thing called Karma in this world, and I believe in what comes around goes around. Seriously deathlok, if you were THAT close to having every DC from 1935-current you wouldn't come on here and talk about it?

Seriously Shield I would never be as obnoxious as Ian is, no matter how much I wanted to compelete any sort of collection. Nor do I relate every thread into an event in my life. Nor do I annoy dealers/collectors to sell to me and me only.

As I said above, what you are doing is great, the person you are doing it for is questionable.

I thought we had a connection, MK. Where's the love? flowerred.gif

Oh, and congrats Ian!!! And Shield, well, dadgumit, you're a helluva guy in my book! If you ever need a LOSH 300, you just let me know. wink.gif Seriously, what you've done/are doing is impossibly cool. Kudos to you!

So, do you have a list of what other books you need? Let's take a poll to see what the last book you'll need will be.

Here it is. Seven apart from the promos and giveaways.

THE 7 DC COMICS TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

LEADING SCREEN - 68

As I said last time, it'll be the Big Book of Fun Comics #1.

Well.. if this was your first post here....

And then after countless people telling you your original post was out of line..

I just saw you back peddle over the rest of the thread.

I am not the one who was first in line on this thread to blast away at Ian, and his story..you were

It seems that you dont like him, or agree with how he went about getting his comics.

Which is your want..

I personally would have just voiced my opinion in a different manner, let alone try and ruin a feel good thread with a sleeping.gif , and verbal atack.

And then after countless people telling you your original post was out of line..

I am not the one who was first in line on this thread to blast away at Ian, and his story..you were

It seems that you dont like him, or agree with how he went about getting his comics.

Which is your want..

I personally would have just voiced my opinion in a different manner, let alone try and ruin a feel good thread with a sleeping.gif , and verbal atack.

again, not once in my initial thread did I say that Shield was a schmuck for giving Ian the book. I know it's difficult to comprehend the English language. There was already a thread in progress started by Shield for Ian's benefit. Ian, in his own ego-centric way had to start another thread proclamation. This is the type of behaviour that makes Ian annoying. It's easy to say, "oh just ignore it if you don't like it." However it clogs up many other threads I do enjoy reading. I know I am once again coming off as the bad guy for voicing my opinion, but as everyone is entitled to their own, I choose to voice mine. I know you don't like it, move on. 893censored-thumb.gif

Which is your want..

again, not once in my initial thread did I say that Shield was a schmuck for giving Ian the book. I know it's difficult to comprehend the English language. There was already a thread in progress started by Shield for Ian's benefit. Ian, in his own ego-centric way had to start another thread proclamation. This is the type of behaviour that makes Ian annoying. It's easy to say, "oh just ignore it if you don't like it." However it clogs up many other threads I do enjoy reading. I know I am once again coming off as the bad guy for voicing my opinion, but as everyone is entitled to their own, I choose to voice mine. I know you don't like it, move on. 893censored-thumb.gif

No, he's right. You made a complete arseface of yourself this time. And that other time... and that one time when you-- well, you get the idea. thumbsup2.gifboo.gif

Thats ok.

We can agree to disagree, and yes you are entitled.

I obviously know very little concerning who, and how many people Ian has badgered for his list..

Was just standing up for what I saw in the post.

If we all didnt have different opinions, then it would indeed be boring.

Kenny