• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Commiccon Dinner - time to sign up!

228 posts in this topic

If I were you, I'll worry about your pass first.

Still can't find those pins. But I know you'll be a pal and hook me up...plus, I will be working the 2012 Olympic Trials so pin opportunities for you increase substantially.

I don't really care if I get any pins or not. :whee:
:makepoint: Have I taught you nothing about negotiating?

If I were you, I'll worry about your pass first.

Still can't find those pins. But I know you'll be a pal and hook me up...plus, I will be working the 2012 Olympic Trials so pin opportunities for you increase substantially.

I don't really care if I get any pins or not. :whee:

Breakfast or lunch is the least I can do. :foryou: I'll give you a call when I roll in. I should be there Thursday - having to drive up because I cannot get a flight home Sunday or Monday.

Put me down for dinner, I am now 99% sure I can make it. :banana:

Dinner lol I have my reservations that you will make it through the afternoon liquid lunch cocktails, let alone the pre-dinner cocktails, but Dinner :insane:

Still hm could be good for a break before proper evening drinking develops.

Sorry to say, I probably won't be drinking at lunch, as I have work to do on Saturday. That said, stop by before dinner and I will have a drink or two with ya (thumbs u

Joey,

Go to the damn dinner! I am not complaining about members getting 10% off and I have paid thousands, out of my own pocket, for the overage on dinners throughout the years even though many guests were not CGC or Heritage members (Some were even NOD heads :eek: ). Most of these people are our friends or could become new ones, that's really the point of the dinner. It's not like Greg White or Gerry Ross is going.

Besides, I want to hang with you on Saturday night! Let's just party and have a great time :banana:

Think about it.

And, yes, it would have been a much better move on the CBCA to pay the 10% for everybody, it might have brought in new membership and avoided the trainwreck in this thread.....

Leaving just now for Seattle, might check in on my layover in Atlanta.

See ya all soon!

Ya know what...

I will pay the $10 for non-members (excluding kids) that have already signed up for the dinner. :foryou:

Joey, now ya gotta come! :baiting:

Claudio, just let me know what I owe and I will get it to you. (thumbs u

Ya know what...

I will pay the $10 for non-members (excluding kids) that have already signed up for the dinner. :foryou:

You have to stop this. I'd wager forum dinners are your most expensive meal of the year, even if you don't eat anything. Somebody there keep Steve from picking any shortfalls on collected money. He's done it too many times. Buy him a Grey Goose instead.

Ya know what...

Same old Steve, always cleaning up someone else's mess.

Thanks Steve B for the very generous offer. I'm glad you will be attending the dinner and I wish I could be there as well. :foryou:

However, I'd like to go on the record as stating there is absolutely nothing wrong with an organization offering a discount to its members. It's what organizations do. Especially since the organization is subsidizing the cost difference -- it's not like the other attendees are absorbing the cost difference.

And there was no reason to keep it a secret. It's no secret that Collectors Society members get perks or that AAA members might get a dining discount, etc. etc.. It is how organizations offer value to their members and ideally attract others.

I understand Joey's issue and have offered an olive branch in the past and will continue to do so. I like and respect him.

Reasonable people can disagree and stay reasonable.

Have a fun time all. :acclaim:

Ya know what...

Same old Steve, always cleaning up someone else's mess.

Same old Jim, always :baiting:;) Are you planning to hit NYC this year? It'd be good to say :hi: in person again, and I think my wife may actually let me out of the house again! :headbang:

Thanks Steve B for the very generous offer. I'm glad you will be attending the dinner and I wish I could be there as well. :foryou:

However, I'd like to go on the record as stating there is absolutely nothing wrong with an organization offering a discount to its members. It's what organizations do. Especially since the organization is subsidizing the cost difference -- it's not like the other attendees are absorbing the cost difference.

And there was no reason to keep it a secret. It's no secret that Collectors Society members get perks or that AAA members might get a dining discount, etc. etc.. It is how organizations offer value to their members and ideally attract others.

I understand Joey's issue and have offered an olive branch in the past and will continue to do so. I like and respect him.

Reasonable people can disagree and stay reasonable.

Have a fun time all. :acclaim:

You know I have no issue with you Steve but to quote a little green guy "This is why you fail".

Not to start another debate but the CBCA missed a golden opportunity here. For the sake of peace and to hang with old and new friends I would attend if there is still room. If not I understand.

Of course there is still room and I'm glad you will be attending.

I'll drop a PM to Claudio to ensure he is alerted.

(thumbs u

I forgot to add Timmy. We need room for him.

BTW, the feedback has been registered and next year we'll be sure to avoid issues like this.

No offense was intended to anyone... we really had the best intention to offer a little perk to our members.

Have a great time and share some pics! :hi:

Of course there is still room and I'm glad you will be attending.

I'll drop a PM to Claudio to ensure he is alerted.

(thumbs u

I forgot to add Timmy. We need room for him.

(thumbs u Glad to have you.

Thanks to everyone that attended. I personally enjoyed spending a couple of hours chatting it up with fellow collectors.

A great time was had at the dinner last night. Our crowd grew larger than what I had anticipated but the conversation was brisk and the atmosphere electric after a very busy, and crowded Saturday at ECCC. Here's some pictures that I took from the dinner...

Tim (Timmay) and Joey

DSCN0328.jpg

Mike (MasrtCtrlProgram), Royce (Designer Toast), Jake (Menace) and his (soon to be) wife

DSCN0327.jpg

Rey (SPDREYCR), Kym, Steve (Woldsbestcomics), (not in the picture is Robbie who was asleep) and some homeless dude we picked up from outside the restaurant :whistle:

DSCN0326.jpg

Steve (Sborock), goldust40, Jason (jbud73) with bunny ears courtesy of Timmay.

DSCN0324.jpg

Cameron (Wolf_2009), Rhonda's husband, Rhonda (CycleGirl), Rhonda's daughter, Matt Nelson :o (restoman), Rey's wife.

DSCN0323.jpg

Good conversation all around. I think we had 20 for dinner and a few others stopped by for drinks.

DSCN0322.jpg