• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your ACG collecting efforts here!

96 posts in this topic

These are my only 3 copies all purchased in 1964 by me...posted these in another thread yesteday, but hey...

Herbie2008.jpg

Herbie2008002.jpg

Herbie2008004.jpg

Wow! Your originals! They're in fabulous shape!

:o

Did all or most of the comics you bought in the sixties survive in similar condition?

???

Most of my books that were purchased in the early sixties fared quite well over the years for no apparent reason as they were mostly left alone standing up "naked' in a big old wooden dresser draw. When I bought my first OSPG in 1976 (#6 Spirit Cover) , I learned about storing and protecting and bought enough Poly Bags, backing boards and small boxes to store about half of them correctly (at the time).

About 7-8 years later I switched them all out to Mylars, acid free boards and medium sized boxes. So about 14 years on average unprotected, another 7-8 years in Poly and then the last 30+ years appropriately.

Pretty Lucky :eek:

I ultimately had about 300 graded beginning circa 2002 and had about 90% of those come back 8.0 - 9.6. Many of them now rest in the hands of folks on these boards.

This is such a cool book. Don't think I've seen a copy before.

I'd love to have more Commander Battle and the Atomic Sub comics but all seven issues are incredibly difficult to find in any but threadbare condition.

(shrug)

Hep, you may be making a jest at ACG for their poor man's 3D, but if not, it refers to art extending beyond the "confines" of the panel's borders so to speak. The girl's arm in panel 1, chair in panel 3, hair in panel 4.

IMG_5146small_zpsm2evj4fk.jpg

and more of the same technique - I particularly like the last panel. Used discretely, it actually works to good effect. All the pages are black, so if the panels are colorful, they pop too. The grey backgrounds have an effect that I can recognize, but can't name.

ACG's take on 3D is different, you can say that much. Smart - no extra printing process, no extra hardware like glasses. Try to make $ off a passing fad. Publishers were quick to shake and move in those days.

IMG_5145small_zpswoodn7is.jpg