• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 listed on C-link

331 posts in this topic

Look, in order to write a check for 150K on a RESTORED book, you do not resell it after you buy it to pay your electric bill, he has his eyes or her eyes on a better copy, that is a no brainer. At least 3 new action 1's are coming on the market including billys by the end of summer, all three are unrestored.

Look, in order to write a check for 150K on a RESTORED book, you do not resell it after you buy it to pay your electric bill, he has his eyes or her eyes on a better copy, that is a no brainer. At least 3 new action 1's are coming on the market including billys by the end of summer, all three are unrestored.

He or she can always buy the second copy first and unload the 8.0 restored...if that is not a money issue.

That could be but the ha website says sold.....generally they put not sold, if item is returned right???

Not sold is different from Not Paid For. Its in alot of peoples best interest that that book shows it sold for a record price, starting from the auction house, seller, potential future consigners, collectors that own Action 1's and so on....

That could be but the ha website says sold.....generally they put not sold, if item is returned right???

Not sold is different from Not Paid For. Its in alot of peoples best interest that that book shows it sold for a record price, starting from the auction house, seller, potential future consigners, collectors that own Action 1's and so on....

Yes, when a buyer does not commit to buying at the final hammer price, even though he/she was the winning bidder, the option usually goes to the next person in line. The auction house doesn't tell you when this happens, nor do they change the final price. I've been offered a book a couple of times as the second highest bidder because the high bidder doesn't come through for one reason or another. I believe some sites shut down your account when this happens, one strike, you're out.

Let me set the record straight. The book was 100% paid for to heritage. The owner is not going after the 3.0. The owner had to sell due to financial issues. Cut and dry (thumbs u

It stands out because the cover looks like its been washed to death.

Someone explain to me why the seller would sell this book after winning it just 5 months ago at Heritage. Its too early to flip it after paying the highest price for a restored book. He paid almost 150K then and now, if he could sell it at full pop at Comiclink at asking price, he woulds lose when you factor in the 10% sellers commission. Why? Did the book Not sell at Heritage?

I think anyone who's been around a lot of collectors will tell you that this is not uncommon. People decide to get in and out of comics, find something they want more, need the money for other things, etc, etc. It happens all the time.

Some of the richest people I know have the shortest attention spans.

Let me set the record straight. The book was 100% paid for to heritage. The owner is not going after the 3.0. The owner had to sell due to financial issues. Cut and dry (thumbs u [/quote

You're interfering with Mitch's narrative.

But you will never be able to keep up. For every time you say that the buyer didn't come to some realization that he hates his book because it's restored, Mitch will repeat a hundred times that it's the only possible explanation.

Let me set the record straight. The book was 100% paid for to heritage. The owner is not going after the 3.0. The owner had to sell due to financial issues. Cut and dry (thumbs u

You mean Mitch was wrong?!?? My world has no meaning.

Now, c'mon, G.A.tor, there's no reason to let the truth get in the way of wild speculation and random conjecture. Geez, buzzkill.

I guess they didn't read it the first time you wrote it

Now, Restored books...... a sensitive subject on the boards....buyers remorse....

....he wants the billy 3.0 UNRESTORED....here is my conclusion.

Sometimes a collector begins slow and builds up. He was cheap when it came to waiting for a unrestored action #1 and went for it at 150K...for the 8.0.

Well folks a 8.0 restored aint what it used be....and this guy wants to trade up, he realized his mistake, to the tune of $150,000.00.......

PT barum said it..".there is a sucker born every minute"

With all do respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.

true; he was as close to barium as he was to barnum.

Another POS: dude needs some coin to burn cash on the big Tec.