• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread

438 posts in this topic

I just read through this whole new poll for the first time. lol I've got an opinion on it, but since it's pretty moot now, I guess I'll keep it to myself.

Here's my question. Using the recent challenge of Avengers Team sketches as an example (not meant to knock anyone), can the recently unseated sketch owned by Par2ch be nominated to challenge the current champ (after 30 days, of course)?

The thought behind this is that the vote was close and the people in the sig room (myself included) love seeing new sketches. I've seen plenty of people say "this is my favorite sketch ever!" only to get rid of it a few months later. The newness can wear off and I'd be curious if the votes would be different in a close race once neither of the polled sketches were new anymore.

Thoughts?

I just read through this whole new poll for the first time. lol I've got an opinion on it, but since it's pretty moot now, I guess I'll keep it to myself.

Here's my question. Using the recent challenge of Avengers Team sketches as an example (not meant to knock anyone), can the recently unseated sketch owned by Par2ch be nominated to challenge the current champ (after 30 days, of course)?

The thought behind this is that the vote was close and the people in the sig room (myself included) love seeing new sketches. I've seen plenty of people say "this is my favorite sketch ever!" only to get rid of it a few months later. The newness can wear off and I'd be curious if the votes would be different in a close race once neither of the polled sketches were new anymore.

Thoughts?

A sketch can only compete in the same category once under current rules.

Thoughts?

A sketch can only compete in the same category once under current rules.

Just because he's the Fallen doesn't mean he's dead :) 12/20/12 :)

Just because he's the Fallen doesn't mean he's dead :) 12/20/12 :)

What, how can a sketch compete again after losing?

Check the date guys? Wait and see, this is not the end of the world after all ;)

I understand your point but I disagree that they should have the right to pick a sketch out of their stable. The crown was given to them for the votes they earned by the sketch they put up. I dont really feel that pulling the old switch-a-roo is the right way to go about it. If you get challenged and you lose you can rechallenge with your other sketch.

The facts are pretty straight forward to me, you select a sketch you add it to the contest either in the beginning or as a challenger. People then vote if your sketch wins they voted for that sketch to the be the best. Not a sketch you still have sitting at home in your collection or one that you will have finished at some point in the future.

Plus as a challenger is also gives you a disadvantage when you try to challenge as you never know what you would be going up against.

It was this post that got me thinking and why I asked the question I did regarding unseated sketches competing again.

Let's say someone chooses a Best of the Best: Punisher for example. Let's say I have a really great Punisher sketch and I haven't shown it off before. If I really wanted to win and hold the title, statistically speaking, I'd have better odds letting round 1 go to completion and have a victor named. Then I'd challenge in 30 days with my brand new sketch. This way, I'd be splitting votes with way fewer people and any "new-ness" of the old champ may have worn a little. As I said before, this board loves new sketches.

Let's say I win the challenge by one vote and my Punisher sketch is the new champ. People may let the images settle in their mind after having them for a while and determine that the original champ's sketch is the superior sketch. Are the rules such that no one can nominate the original champ for reconsideration in the form of a new challenge? Just asking.

These "competitions" are fun. If nothing else, I get to see a lot of sketches I wouldn't otherwise see. I don't get the chance to follow all of them and I've only voted in half of them or so. This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it. I'd like to know people's thoughts.

I'm only going to say this once these contests are done for fun. No one is forcing anybody to compete. There is a lot of time and effort put into these contests to keep them fun. This is not the world series, just a friendly way to show off cool art. Please keep things mature and civilized.