• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread

438 posts in this topic

cgcaward-wolverine-1.pngBOTB_GHOSTRIDER_FALLEN.png maybe I'm doing something wrong lol I just copied both to photobucket and this is how they line up (shrug) what's your advice Erik?

lol! Easy, take the ones in my previous post. I have modify them a little :)

You're guys concerns are noted and will be taken under advisement for future graphics. These are new, so there are going to be a few kinks. Just bear with us. In the end, my main concern is do you like them?

can u try black and white for the Fallen?

hm Dr. Balls - What do you think? Sounds good to me :)

I am curious about what people think about this scenario--

Let us say that you hold a current best of the best title.

Then you get challenged

You are worried about your challenger, BUT you have an even BETTER sketch of the character that you have been saving as like an ace up your sleeve.....

Does anyone think that this could be an interesting twist?

Because realistically if you have a title you are not going to challenge yourself for that title.

Anyways curious about the discussion this opens up.

Yeah, but your new sketch would never have been voted as being THE BEST OF THE BEST, to do that, there needs to be a general vote decided by the public. So the new sketch has to either replace the old one in a challenge, or beat the other guy that might of taken the title from you. hm

The challenge is against the sketch not the boardie who owns it. As such I'm going to stick with the same way we always ruled on this in that the existing champ must first lose the title before a different sketch from the same owner can take a shot with a different sketch.

I'll however modify rule 7.2 so that the new sketch must never have been nominated for a previous poll or even considered for nomination for a previous poll. What I mean by this is the following; an owner posts two sketches asking for feedback prior to round 1 (what I like to consider the primaries). He then choose to use the first sketch for round 1. The second sketch cannot later be used to challenge, because it has already been considered for nomination. The same also goes true for when multiple boardies nominate different sketches, which all belong to the same boardie.

See to me the challenge is to both the sketch AND the boardie who owns it. 2c

Sorry bro..but your cockiness make me smirk and outright laugh, I guess if I had that many badass sketches, I'd be the same lol

Hector, I am not trying to be "cocky" and I am not calling names.....that is not very nice.

I was just trying to discuss an idea that I thought was a good one.

I guess it only sounds good to me. lol

Hector, I am not trying to be "cocky" and I am not calling names.....that is not very nice.

I was actually wondering the same thing a while back but didn't think to post it.

I have a few characters that I prefer to get multiple sketches of and have added some sweet books since we started Best of the Best. I'm not going to challenge myself but when I get challenged I was wondering if it would be better to throw in then. I decided it would be better to wait to see if I was unseated.

Just bustin your bolz man....... you know I got mad love for ya! :sorry: