• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craigslist Listing of the Day!

35 posts in this topic

hm

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/clt/2828547873.html

This auction is for 1 copy of the comic book Amazing fantasy 15, which is the 1st issue of spiderman comics. This is not a cgc graded book.

This comic book is being sold via "blind" internet bid, similar to a sealed bid like one that takes place at an auction house. This auction will be taken down within 3 days.

This comic grades a solid, "fair." In case you don't know [and you should] the comic book grade of "fair" has a high number of very significant defects. The book is 100% complete with nothing cut out. Based on overstreet standards & cgc pro graded comics, this book would be a strict "fair."

There will be no scans, pictures or in person viewing of this book prior to the winning bidder being contacted. Do not email for any more information or with just your name & phone # as your email will not be replied to.

Please email the highest amount of money you'd pay for a "fair" copy of this book. Along with your $ amount, please submit your first name & the best phone # to call you at. If you are the winner, if when we call you, your voicemail picks up we will leave a message. You will have 24 hours [MAX] to return our phone call. If no phone call is returned within 24 hours after the message is left, the 2nd highest bidder will be contacted by phone immediately.

Only the high bidder will be contacted.

Do not bid unless you can pay that amount in 1 lump sum, in physical cash, at the time we give you the comic. The transaction will take place in a well traveled, well lit & very public location. Feel to free to bring as many people as you like when we meet to collect the money & give you the book.

If for any reason, upon inspection, you reject the book or decide you do not want to pay the full amount of your bid price, no offer lower than the high amount of your winning bid will be accepted. We will wish you a nice day & walk away without any further discussion. Period!!

No scans or defect list is available so do not email to ask for one.

Again, please email the highest amount of money you'd pay for a "fair" copy of this book. If you forget your phone # your email will be deleted.

hm

So...what's the catch?

hm

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/clt/2828547873.html

This auction is for 1 copy of the comic book Amazing fantasy 15, which is the 1st issue of spiderman comics. This is not a cgc graded book.

This comic book is being sold via "blind" internet bid, similar to a sealed bid like one that takes place at an auction house. This auction will be taken down within 3 days.

This comic grades a solid, "fair." In case you don't know [and you should] the comic book grade of "fair" has a high number of very significant defects. The book is 100% complete with nothing cut out. Based on overstreet standards & cgc pro graded comics, this book would be a strict "fair."

There will be no scans, pictures or in person viewing of this book prior to the winning bidder being contacted. Do not email for any more information or with just your name & phone # as your email will not be replied to.

Please email the highest amount of money you'd pay for a "fair" copy of this book. Along with your $ amount, please submit your first name & the best phone # to call you at. If you are the winner, if when we call you, your voicemail picks up we will leave a message. You will have 24 hours [MAX] to return our phone call. If no phone call is returned within 24 hours after the message is left, the 2nd highest bidder will be contacted by phone immediately.

Only the high bidder will be contacted.

Do not bid unless you can pay that amount in 1 lump sum, in physical cash, at the time we give you the comic. The transaction will take place in a well traveled, well lit & very public location. Feel to free to bring as many people as you like when we meet to collect the money & give you the book.

If for any reason, upon inspection, you reject the book or decide you do not want to pay the full amount of your bid price, no offer lower than the high amount of your winning bid will be accepted. We will wish you a nice day & walk away without any further discussion. Period!!

Again, please email the highest amount of money you'd pay for a "fair" copy of this book. If you forget your phone # your email will be deleted.

These are my 2 favorite parts of this listing. With a desription like that all I can do is say :takeit:

:roflmao:

I think we should all converge on the meeting place Warriors-gang style and fight it out. Then, when Luther shoots Cyrus, I mean, when one of the comic nerds steals the comic and takes off, we can have a raucous race through the city to retrieve it!

Feel free to pick out the gang of your choce. I'm thinking my group will be the Baseball Furies!

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs/

:insane:

I love how positively convoluted this sounds.

I lived in an apartment in the Bronx with a guy like this. Always looking to scam people in the most complicated ways ever. He was like a developmentally challenged wannabe con man.

I think we should all converge on the meeting place Warriors-gang style and fight it out. Then, when Luther shoots Cyrus, I mean, when one of the comic nerds steals the comic and takes off, we can have a raucous race through the city to retrieve it!

Feel free to pick out the gang of your choce. I'm thinking my group will be the Baseball Furies!

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs/

:insane:

Not on the list, but I think I'd go with the "Ducky Boys" from The Wanderers.

I lived in an apartment in the Bronx with a guy like this. Always looking to scam people in the most complicated ways ever. He was like a developmentally challenged wannabe con man.

How the hell did you wind up in this predicament?

How the hell did you wind up in this predicament?

He got conned into it! :)