• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

It's not really hearsay.. This is what his job is..

If you check the availability for the license, you would get that:

Nothing has changed, AMC still has it.

Any commentary on where its at is outside of his job and is still hearsay. Hearsay from people slightly more connected to the industry, but still just people telling other people unconfirmed things.

I think its a good thing to share, I just think categorizing it as "definitely" is a bit strong.

He told me it definitely wasn't happening now. This is someone who I've known my entire life, and wouldn't just make that up, or tell me something is definite, when it's only hearsay. It seems like it could happen further down the line still, but for now it's not.

If his job is to check for availability and that's a negative then doesn't that mean someone owns the rights?

Nice custom title JB. :golfclap:

I guess if you summon it; it will come, huh? Good thing Arch doesn't hand them out like he's working the Vegas strip. Click click...

I don't mean to come off confrontational or anything, I'm just passing along what I heard, the way I heard it.

People who work in Hollywood are GENERALLY very very optimistic about getting shows made (even when they shouldn't be), and will keep hope alive and waffle as much as possible, and generally don't want to admit something is dead. SO if this person is hearing that its dead, then its probably dead (at least for now), especially its their job to research this kind of stuff.

As for negative confirmation and blah blah, "If its owned by someone doesn't that mean its alive?" The answer is 'maybe' but probably not. AMC might have bought Thief of Thieves to keep Kirkman from shopping it elsewhere and splitting his loyalties, possibly with no intention of making it until Walking Dead is over or never at all. With the immense popularity of Walking Dead, don't you wonder how AMC or someone else hasn't tapped Kirkman for another TV show?

There's a lot of different levels including: owned, in development, writing a -script, casting, in production, in editing, post production, under review, looking for directors/producers, holding, etc and many more including DEAD.

This book is off most people's radar at this point, I still pull it every month though :)

+1

I like the story type.

In this ADD/'what have you done lately' market, off the radar comes pretty quickly. Give it another 6 months and Manifest Destiny will be consistently on the second and third pages of modern, quality or not.

This book is off most people's radar at this point, I still pull it every month though :)

+1

I like the story type.

In this ADD/'what have you done lately' market, off the radar comes pretty quickly. Give it another 6 months and Manifest Destiny will be consistently on the second and third pages of modern, quality or not.

I thought it had alreayd been cast aside for Enormous, and then that cast aside for Wytches lol

ToT #26 is out this Wednesday!

Here's a neat article where artist Shawn Martinbrough provides commentary on some of the covers to date, and shows some original concept sketches and outtakes. If you've been following the series, you'll likely enjoy this quite a bit.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/02/shawn-martinbrough-ranks-his-top-10-thief-of-thieves-covers/

Anyone else read #26 yet?

I don't really think that Celia is going to take over the mantle of Redmond for too long - she's a cool character, but surely there's more to this shakeup than Conrad just calling it quits. My bet is that Celia will take it over, then get killed or hurt/captured somehow, and Redmond will come in and avenge her (or rescue her) and be forced back into the game. 2c

But that Audrey sure can be cold…man, that was harsh. :eek: