• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Bump for the original thread... :shy:

Wondering if anyone else enjoys this as much as I do? I think it's one of Kirkmans better works, but then again, I haven't come across one that wasn't good.

Could definitely see this as the next show, especially considering the success of USA's "White Collar."

I did notice that Kirkman's name wasn't on issue 20, I think he was still writing it up to this point. Interesting to see how Diggle will write the series.

(Everytime I see Diggle's name, I think of John Diggle from Arrow :shrug:

I like the series a lot too. I get that it might be too tame for some folks, but I like the grounded/real-world universe (as opposed to aliens, zombies etc) and dig the main characters a lot. In the right hands it would be a terrific TV show.

#20 felt like something of a setup issue, and I'm missing the father/son dynamic which for me generated some of the tension and fun in the previous arcs, but in general I've really enjoyed the run.

Wondering if anyone else enjoys this as much as I do? I think it's one of Kirkmans better works, but then again, I haven't come across one that wasn't good.

Could definitely see this as the next show, especially considering the success of USA's "White Collar."

I did notice that Kirkman's name wasn't on issue 20, I think he was still writing it up to this point. Interesting to see how Diggle will write the series.

I like the series a lot too. I get that it might be too tame for some folks, but I like the grounded/real-world universe (as opposed to aliens, zombies etc) and dig the main characters a lot. In the right hands it would be a terrific TV show.

#20 felt like something of a setup issue, and I'm missing the father/son dynamic which for me generated some of the tension and fun in the previous arcs, but in general I've really enjoyed the run.

Sorry, must have missed the original thread!!

+1 And we can't be the only ones and the first issue has been trending on Lyria lately.

Yep. Every issue between #1 and #10 has had multiple printings, long after the early speculators came and went. You wouldn't always know it from this thread, but someone is still reading!

Yep. Every issue between #1 and #10 has had multiple printings, long after the early speculators came and went. You wouldn't always know it from this thread, but someone is still reading!

a little behind but still love the book.

#21 :blush:hm

Well, the first rule of comics is "if you don't see the body... and sometimes even if you do... they're not dead." So I'm assuming that's the case here.

It seems like Redmond must have leaked the information to Arno about his ex-wife and son's whereabouts, assuming (correctly) that Arno/Lola would act on the info and target them. So their deaths were faked somehow, while Redmond pretends to work with Arno/Lola and presumably get the advantage on them.

(There's also the possibility that Redmond indeed believes they have died and he's being played by Arno to target the Italians... but it doesn't seem to go with the 'smartest guy in the room' persona he is usually written with, so I'll put that possibility as a distant second.)

Sound about right to you guys?

#22... :taptaptap:

It's bugging me too much to enjoy this arc that I'm still not convinced Audrey and Augustus died in the explosion... we've seen no panels that actually show their deaths, and there are too many potential loopholes for me to feel like it's a definite thing. So I'm not sure how we are supposed to be reading Redmond's apparent alliance with Lola. Are we intended to think it's genuine, brought on by their apparent deaths, or that he's playing him? We see him slinking around Lola's complex at night, so at least it seems like he's up to something. (Either way, "no survivors" on the last page seems pretty wildly out of character, no?)

I do like that the title is taking a darker turn, and the thugs in Mexican death masks continue to unnerve me (in a good way). The art here shines as always. I'd like this arc to get where it's going; fingers tentatively crossed that there will be a big payoff.

#22... :taptaptap:

It's bugging me too much to enjoy this arc that I'm still not convinced Audrey and Augustus died in the explosion... we've seen no panels that actually show their deaths, and there are too many potential loopholes for me to feel like it's a definite thing. So I'm not sure how we are supposed to be reading Redmond's apparent alliance with Lola. Are we intended to think it's genuine, brought on by their apparent deaths, or that he's playing him? We see him slinking around Lola's complex at night, so at least it seems like he's up to something. (Either way, "no survivors" on the last page seems pretty wildly out of character, no?)

I do like that the title is taking a darker turn, and the thugs in Mexican death masks continue to unnerve me (in a good way). The art here shines as always. I'd like this arc to get where it's going; fingers tentatively crossed that there will be a big payoff.

I'm in agreement with you on this…it seems too easy to believe what happened is the truth (Augustus and Audrey are probably chillin' on a beach somewhere). Plus with how he was acting while in Lola's place I think he's just going for an Oscar (or the thieves' version of an Oscar, anyway ;)