• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

My friend who works for a production company recently checked on film and TV rights to a bunch of comics. He told me that the Thief of Thieves TV series was dead. He said they may have even filmed a pilot, and the project has since been dead.

My friend who works for a production company recently checked on film and TV rights to a bunch of comics. He told me that the Thief of Thieves TV series was dead. He said they may have even filmed a pilot, and the project has since been dead.

I'm convinced the TV announcement was a ploy to sell more books. Which they did, in spades. I think #1 had like 5 printings.

It's just what you do now. Well Kirkman at least.

I'm convinced the TV announcement was a ploy to sell more books. Which they did, in spades. I think #1 had like 5 printings.

It's just what you do now. Well Kirkman at least.

I received the most recent issue (Lola) and finally noticed that Kirkman did not write in that issue. Did Robert stop writing recently or I miss something?

#23... :shy:

I knew it!

... as did virtually every single person who's been reading, I think. lol Note that everyone on the letters page saw this coming as well.

The first half of the issue irked me. WTF? Redmond is suddenly the Punisher, mowing down guys with massive guns? I don't mind (thoughtfully written) violence but this seemed completely out of left field and out of character.

Second half was great though. This seems more like the guy I know and like. Satisfying to see the long-awaited confrontation, and the last page. Glad the book is (for me anyway) getting back on track.

Nice to pull out a minty back issue and smile :)

It is indeed. :) I picked up some extra copies of ToT #2-on when they came out. The stacks of #2s and #3s I looked through on the racks were memorably nice... crisp spines, razor-sharp spine corners, almost all 9.8+ quality... contrast that with so many modern issues that arrive to stores with banged corners, spine ticks and wonky production defects. I did sell some of those early issues too soon, but still have quite a few left.

So, back to #23...

Am I the only one who thinks Redmond is written pretty wildly out of character in this issue? After all, in the second arc we see him throw away Augustus' (potentially lifesaving) gun, presumably due to his moral code. So now we see him machine-gunning random thugs, shooting a guy point-blank in the chest, beheading him... as part of a plan to get in tight with Lola? I dunno, I did enjoy the issue but unless another twist is coming, it somehow doesn't seem like the guy we've been reading about for the previous 22 issues.