• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore Sues Robert Kirkman over Walking Dead Proceeds

206 posts in this topic

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36911

Moore filed suit today, claiming he was duped into signing his interest in "The Walking Dead" over to Kirkman in 2005.

So it took him 7 years to realize he was duped (shrug)

riight

:popcorn:

And I am sure this particular legal filing was the first time he tried to get what he feels he's entitled to, that he hasn't been trying all along.

Right.

So how much leeway would you give a boardie you are dealing with and may have dealt with for years.

If after 6 month you still aint seen some green don't you start to go hm

Or do you wait 7 years before you add him to the probation list ?

And JJ coming in here with his biased BS actual first hand knowledge :facepalm:

But i'm sure the wheels are in motion :popcorn:

Fixed!!

Also these aren't 2 boardies fighting over a Grimm Fairy Tales variant.

These are two men in a business disagreement and unless you have some knowledge to the contrary there may be years of back and forth on this topic that led to this moment.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount the accounts of people that know better in favor of out of the keister assumption.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36911

Moore filed suit today, claiming he was duped into signing his interest in "The Walking Dead" over to Kirkman in 2005.

So it took him 7 years to realize he was duped (shrug)

riight

:popcorn:

And I am sure this particular legal filing was the first time he tried to get what he feels he's entitled to, that he hasn't been trying all along.

Right.

So how much leeway would you give a boardie you are dealing with and may have dealt with for years.

And JJ coming in here with his biased BS actual first hand knowledge :facepalm:

Fixed!!

Also these aren't 2 boardies fighting over a Grimm Fairy Tales variant.

These are two men in a business disagreement and unless you have some knowledge to the contrary there may be years of back and forth on this topic that led to this moment.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount the accounts of people that know better in favor of out of the keister assumption.

I still think it would be more appropriate, not to mention fun, to make up super ridiculous "Behind the Music" style stories about what's going on.

And JJ coming in here with his biased BS :facepalm:

lol

There are a lot of moving parts...

Arggghhhh, I can't see this at work lol

Be glad you can't. It's gut-bustingly funny in an unflattering way.

I was at home for lunch and watched it...I love that movie. I need to watch it again tonight...

Sorry if any of my posts are a little to long and confusing. I am usually in the middle of a few things when I post or on my iphone trying to correct the autocorrect.

If anyone disagrees with me or sees me as attacking Robert, I am not. He has never been anything but great to me in all our dealings. I am truthfully closer to the Moore family and as we all know the truth lies somewhere in between.

I am actually just going to jump out of this thread as I dont want to cause any issues based on whatever loose recollection I might have.

I was at home for lunch and watched it...I love that movie. I need to watch it again tonight...

Sorry if any of my posts are a little to long and confusing. I am usually in the middle of a few things when I post or on my iphone trying to correct the autocorrect.

If anyone disagrees with me or sees me as attacking Robert, I am not. He has never been anything but great to me in all our dealings. I am truthfully closer to the Moore family and as we all know the truth lies somewhere in between.

I am actually just going to jump out of this thread as I dont want to cause any issues based on whatever loose recollection I might have.

Please don't. I love the escalating rhetoric that your educated opinion creates. It helps my work day pass more quickly.

Please don't. I love the escalating rhetoric that your educated opinion creates. It helps my work day pass more quickly.

There isn't much about me that is educated when it comes to this lol

I am just sharing my opinion (my opinion, not set in stone) and again, both parties have been nothing short of fantastic to me. Again, I hope it gets resolved and looking forward to the Big Lebowski this eve and Walking Dead this Sunday!

Fixed!!

Seriously ? I call it hearsay, but what ever gets you through the day Mr Lawyer.

Thomas, I don't want it to escalate into something beyond just me putting down my opinion. I am neither party involved simply put.

Fixed!!

Seriously ? I call it hearsay, but what ever gets you through the day Mr Lawyer.

Thomas, I don't want it to escalate into something beyond just me putting down my opinion. I am neither party involved simply put.

It's Friday, I'm going to defcon 5 if i damn well please :sumo:

Monday morning feels so bad

Everybody seems to nag me

Come on Tuesday I feel better

Even my old man looks good

Wednesday just won't go

Thursday goes too slow

I've got Friday on my mind

:gossip: Also, he started it

Fixed!!

It's Friday, I'm going to defcon 5 if i damn well please :sumo:

Monday morning feels so bad

Everybody seems to nag me

Come on Tuesday I feel better

Even my old man looks good

Wednesday just won't go

Thursday goes too slow

I've got Friday on my mind

:gossip: Also, he started it

You are the one that called JJ's point of view "BS" also known as Bovine Fecal Matter which is urban slang for lies or untruths.

His opinion is based on his actual experiences, and yours is based on whatever wisdom you've discovered at the bottom of your current beverage container.

Also, someone giving their own account and opinion about what they have seen or heard isn't hearsay.

But thank you for the title, I didn't spend 6 years in evil law school to be called Mr. Dentist.

With respect to the 6 year delay in filing suit. Under common law in most states the statute of limitations for breach of contract is 10 years and breach of an oral contract is 5 years. Torts like fraud are generally 2 years with some states having a 4 year statute of limitations. Fraud tolls the statute of limitation when someone is not aware that they were the victim of fraud and it is reasonable that they didn't know they were the victim of fraud or some other tort. Again, if someone would share a link to the Complaint and/or any of the relevant contracts I would appreciate it.

Law School is 3 years. Why did it take you six years to graduate?

I did it twice as good..... :banana:

And it was Evil Law School....not just Law School.

With respect to the 6 year delay in filing suit. Under common law in most states the statute of limitations for breach of contract is 10 years and breach of an oral contract is 5 years. Torts like fraud are generally 2 years with some states having a 4 year statute of limitations. Fraud tolls the statute of limitation when someone is not aware that they were the victim of fraud and it is reasonable that they didn't know they were the victim of fraud or some other tort. Again, if someone would share a link to the Complaint and/or any of the relevant contracts I would appreciate it.

Yay, we've got another lawyer on the boards. :acclaim:

I think that means there's one of us for every one non lawyer here. lol

It's a good think you put the Esq. right there in the title. Fingh's name told everyone what he was too before he changed it, but Sean Rumphumper never really caught on.