• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Moore Sues Robert Kirkman over Walking Dead Proceeds

206 posts in this topic

Chris, how would he be made to leave? Would it be a clause stating that if he doesn't produce, he's out through legal enforcement? It seems like he has all his rights as co-creator, but how can you give something like that up? Can one do that? If so, per the first post, isn't that what he did?

At the time, if I remember correctly, he was working on several projects. Some were with Kirkman, some not. He stayed to do the cover art on the WD, but the interiors went to another artist who wasn't working on other books, to keep the book on schedule. Beyond those details any explanation needs to come from Tony or Robert.

They had a deal for a division of rights and ownership. What happened to those rights and if there were any misleading statements made that made him relinquish those rights are the subject of the suit.

People can contract for anything they want. Sell or buy any rights they choose. How free a choice that is, and if those choices were made with full and honest information keep the court dockets full.

I just don't see him giving those rights up. He's all about zombies so why would he give it up that easily? I'm sure we're only getting a speck of what's really going on. Bummer man...they've know each other for so long. What a mess.

Well not without adequate compensation at least or the promise of future compensation.

I love how corporate defense attorney's posture. I'll be shocked if Moore doesn't walk away with a settlement. It would be really interesting to see the contracts and the Complaint. If anyone finds a link for these documents, please post them. Thanks!

I'm thinking about using my court link account tomorrow to see if I can find it. An interwebs search has yet to yield anything.

I wonder what was attached as exhibits. This is the first filing so it may not be much. If it's a verified complaint it may not have much at all and everything will come out in discover...which could take several months to get going.

Of course he'll sign books. He's arguing that HE co-created the book and it's his baby too. Why wouldn't he sign them? That wouldn't make sense to me.

As far as the case goes, WE don't know anything as outsiders. Let them duke it out in court, since they are the only ones who truly know what happened.

At least we might be able to find out the whole story about what happened between those two. I am looking forward to hearing the dirt.

Haha...I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool to put some of the rumors to bed and find out once and for all.

Team Moore or team Kirkman

:facepalm:

No need to pick a side. Sometimes two people you like have a disagreement. I'd just let them settle it and, if you're like me, morbidly enjoy what could be an interesting human drama.

What follows is pure farce:

If this gets nasty, what kind of crazy things could we learn? I mean, these guys have known each other since they were kids. Possible funny stories:

Kirkman used to be a regular guy, but now has a Hollywood mansion, a bowl of coke on the living room table, and laughs at homeless people, screaming "I'm Robert kirkman, "

Moore has a series of exotic phobias that have slowed his work process. Every time he finishes a panel, he takes a shower, scrubs his working space, and conducts a pagan ceremony to rid the room of evil spirits/aliens

Hmmm.... Making up completely ridiculous and baseless stories is kind of fun. Note: I know nothing about these guys and what's going on. Simply screwing around. I've heard nothing but good things about both guys.

I love how corporate defense attorney's posture. I'll be shocked if Moore doesn't walk away with a settlement. It would be really interesting to see the contracts and the Complaint. If anyone finds a link for these documents, please post them. Thanks!

I'm thinking about using my court link account tomorrow to see if I can find it. An interwebs search has yet to yield anything.

I wonder what was attached as exhibits. This is the first filing so it may not be much. If it's a verified complaint it may not have much at all and everything will come out in discover...which could take several months to get going.

I'll let you know if I find anything

No need to pick a side. Sometimes two people you like have a disagreement. I'd just let them settle it and, if you're like me, morbidly enjoy what could be an interesting human drama.

If this gets nasty, what kind of crazy things could we learn? I mean, these guys have known each other since they were kids. Possible funny stories:

Kirkman used to be a regular guy, but now has a Hollywood mansion, a bowl of coke on the living room table, and laughs at homeless people, screaming "I'm Robert kirkman, "

Moore has a series of exotic phobias that have slowed his work process. Every time he finishes a panel, he takes a shower, scrubs his working space, and conducts a pagan ceremony to rid the room of evil spirits/aliens

Hmmm.... Making up completely ridiculous and baseless stories is kind of fun. Note: I know nothing about these guys and what's going on. Simply screwing around. I've heard nothing but good things about both guys.

Now that's funny...you may have missed your calling in life!

Anyhow, you're right, it could get real interesting real fast.

I can't believe I just thought of this one:

I turns out the reason why Moore and Kirkman are so good at drawing/writing about zombies is that they are, in fact, zombies. It just turns out that what we know about zombies is completely wrong. They are actually highly functional, but still feed on humans. They've slowly been infecting comic fans despite efforts to limit the number of zombies and thus protect their food source.

I can't believe I just thought of this one:

I turns out the reason why Moore and Kirkman are so good at drawing/writing about zombies is that they are, in fact, zombies. It just turns out that what we know about zombies is completely wrong. They are actually highly functional, but still feed on humans. They've slowly been infecting comic fans despite efforts to limit the number of zombies and thus protect their food source.

lol

FAN

Is that what happened to you and 

Holden McNeil?  You got into a fight 

over the rights or something?

BANKY

It was a little more involved than 

that.

FAN

Whatever happened to him?

BANKY

He quit the biz.  I guess.

FAN

You guys don't talk anymore?

BANKY

(looks OC)

No.  Not really.

Kind of sounds like what was depicted in "The Social Network" in regards to Facebook - When Saverin signed some papers that he thought were in his benefit but ended up being tricked out of his stock in Facebook.

Zuckerberg = Kirkman?

Kind of sounds like what was depicted in "The Social Network" in regards to Facebook - When Saverin signed some papers that he thought were in his benefit but ended up being tricked out of his stock in Facebook.

Zuckerberg = Kirkman?

Only zucker i see is Tony Moore if thats true....

Zuckerberg = Kirkman?

Only zucker i see is Tony Moore if thats true....

Well played.