• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading contest

75 posts in this topic

I am gaging interest to see if there is enough people that want to play.

a) I pulled 30 books(could be more) that I will submit

b) the books are Gold, Silver, Bronze to Modern

c) impossible to cheat since they are not yet submit so unlike other contests, this one might take 6 months or longer to play out since I am submitting economy...I am cheap, what I can tell ya..but combing census won't do any good this time.

d) I will also take pic of the inside so PQ will be part of the contest

e) I will leave the window to submit the grades for a few months since the books won't be grade for at least ...god knows when but when it is close, I will announce the closing of entries.

If enough people want to play, we can all figure out the prizes, for sure I will donate a few things. As far as scoring, since this is a one man show, i will keep the game simple. There won't be multiple rounds or eliminations. I will scan all 30 books and you can guess the grades and PQ for all of them all at once and submit. I will upload a spreadsheet where you can download and enter your entries and then email it to me. I will then do all the scoring when the books are graded.

that is it..simple and hopefully fun as well as educational to those that like to learn to grade and wants to improve their grading skills.

all the rules will be finalized once the game is up...if there is one (thumbs u

I think it is better off to only include the books with my submission because they will all be graded at the same time. I am more than happy to include other's books if he or she wish to throw in a few books into the contest.

This way it is easier and cleaner to run the contest instead of having multiple batches of books that get graded at different times.

I am still monkeying around with rules and scoring system to make it as clean and simple as I can.