• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 31 on Metropolis

14 posts in this topic

considering burntboy/harry's 'tec 33 CGC 7.5 slight P twilight pedigree copy just got flipped for $15K, i'm guessing $20-$25K. hm

Surprise, surprise, the buyer hasn't paid, so let's not discuss the sale as confirmed yet.

damn. please out the NPB if he flakes. thxs and hopefully he pays. :wishluck:

i still have no idea how to judge fmv for restored books, but what do people think?

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/load_bookDetails.php?id=449195&enlarge=1

All factors considered, it seems to be a very reasonable price.

The current CGC census shows only one unrestored copy above 7.0 (a lone 8.0 copy). Of the 11 restored books that are 7.5 or above. all are (M) moderate or (E) extensive except one, a single 7.5 (SP) slight copy. That places the Metro copy in fairly rarified company if you ask me. 2c

Mint..................10.0___0___0___0___0_____0

Mint................... 9.9___0___0___0___0_____0

NM/Mint............ 9.8___0___0___0___0_____0

Near Mint +...... 9.6___0___0___0___0_____0

Near Mint.......... 9.4___0___0___0___0_____0

Near Mint -........ 9.2___0___0___0___1_____1

VF/NM............... 9.0___0___0___0___0_____0

Very Fine +....... 8.5___0___0___0___4_____4

Very Fine.......... 8.0___1___0___0___3_____4

Very Fine -........ 7.5___0___0___0___3_____3

Fine/VF.............. 7.0___1___0___0___1_____2

Is it worth the $15 grand? (shrug) That's a real good question (at least it isn't the $64,000 Question - :grin: ). Since I'm not known for collecting DC, I'd be uncomfortable making any recommendation without greater involvement in the Batman market, but I will say that it's a powerfully iconic cover. IMHO, if there was only one early pre-Robin Batman 'Tec that I'd want in my collection this would probably be the one. (thumbs u

That single 7.5 (SP) slight copy was my father's copy that we bought in San Diego in 1991. At the time it was graded VF/NM. My father was the 3rd owner. The 1st owner bought the copy in 1939 because he liked the cover & it was the only comic he ever bought. The book laid in his drawer, face down until 1989. The hysteria of the Batman movie made him find the book and sell it to a dealer (2nd owner). That dealer took the book to Susan C. who cleaned it and did tiny minor repairs, no color touch added. I miss that copy! :cry:

That single 7.5 (SP) slight copy was my father's copy that we bought in San Diego in 1991. At the time it was graded VF/NM. My father was the 3rd owner. The 1st owner bought the copy in 1939 because he liked the cover & it was the only comic he ever bought. The book laid in his drawer, face down until 1989. The hysteria of the Batman movie made him find the book and sell it to a dealer (2nd owner). That dealer took the book to Susan C. who cleaned it and did tiny minor repairs, no color touch added. I miss that copy! :cry:

Then that book was sold to me and was later resold to Bill Hughes to fund for the unrestored Tec 31 CGC 4.0 that I bought.. Yeah, I miss that book too! It was a very bright and spectacular copy! All the restoration it had were cover cleaned, staples replaced, and a tear sealed.

Then that book was sold to me and was later resold to Bill Hughes to fund for the unrestored Tec 31 CGC 4.0 that I bought.. Yeah, I miss that book too! It was a very bright and spectacular copy! All the restoration it had were cover cleaned, staples replaced, and a tear sealed.

The. I bought it from the person that i guess bought it from bill and sold it to ... Well, I don't recall

The. I bought it from the person that i guess bought it from bill and sold it to ... Well, I don't recall
gator tracks on every book. lol