• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg's MegaCon report (yes, with pictures)

187 posts in this topic

Rick doing his thing

DSCN1734.jpg

Rick are you throwing that guy out? lol

Sorry I couldn't make it this year....kids have sporting events on both days. Have fun!

Greg

Is that a handgun holster at his waist? I guess he needs one to protect all those valuable books.

My report is not big enough to warrant my own thread, here are my observations:

1) Always nice to meet boardies. Met Flee Marquette and (surprise) saw Beltan at the show! Also nice to see many old friends and met a few new boardies who I enjoyed seeing. unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to talk to all of them.

2) Had lunch with Vincent Zurzolo Friday, as always, a great exchange of ideas.

3) Buying was weak. I couldn't find a ton for my own personal collection. I bought a few ultra high grade GA archies, and a few early DCs. All for resale. Bought some very nice GA Batmans from this thread's author, Greg Reece. I think Greg had the overall best inventory at the show.

4) Tons of sharks in the room including Roy, Brulato, Schmell, Harley, Dale, Moeshlin, Borock etc. Not enough books to go around. Jamie Graham brought a bunch of new stuff too, dealers scooped it up.

5) Fun convention, but the next time I come back to MegaCon will be the next time we visit Disney. Spent today at Disney, way better than MegaCon.

6) On site grading is the best. Once again very pleased, books appeared to be accurately graded. I was very pleased with my results, so were several others I spoke to.

Well it was a pretty good Saturday. Crowds were good but not overwhelming, just about a perfect mix and we sold a nice mix of raw/slabs. I cannot believe how hot New Mutants #98 still is. Carrying Silver Age, with a smattering of Golden Age, does not dissuade buyers from asking me for that book 20 times a show (and that has been the case for 2 years). Finally, and somewhat reluctantly since they are not in my wheelhouse, I took 4 in trade today. 9.0 - 9.4's, and literally didn't have them bagged and boarded before one sold at $85. Also took in an ASM 129 CGC 7.5, and ASM #122 CGC 8.5 and an ASM #2 CGC 4.5 (really nice color on this one for a 4.5). Sold a nice pair of Avengers CGC 9.0 , #7 and #8, an ASM #10 CGC 9.0, the Winnipeg FF #14 CGC 9.4, Batman #227 CGC 9.6. Pics to follow....