• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I can add a 1st print #1. Trading is fun. :whee:

I just got a Mars attacks Chew #1 lol

Give me your 9.2 - 9.4 Sagas!

I think I've been burned by not waiting to sell my copies of Saga. I just don't want to get hardcored #1 again. :(

I do own the cover for that issue. hm

I can add a 1st print #1. Trading is fun. :whee:

I just got a Mars attacks Chew #1 lol

Give me your 9.2 - 9.4 Sagas!

I think I've been burned by not waiting to sell my copies of Saga. I just don't want to get hardcored #1 again. :(

I definitely burned myself by selling my extra copies of Saga too early. mine was more "I'm tired of buying/selling for a bit taking a break" and cleared some stuff out. shoulda just held on--as it is obvious the story and art are both there.

regretting it now on those! but alas can't win them all!

got our personal run and a couple issues towards the 2nd/3rd run we are rebuilding

edit: I can help keep that grill going with mind the gap #1s

Edited by riveraXVX

I think I saw some completed listing where Hardcore 1 sold for like $50 recently...let me see if I can find it again.

I literally put twenty-something copies in my dad's BBQ.

Just glad you didn't say it was my dad's :kidaround:

I'm still staring at mine wondering if it's worth holding onto at all.

I think we can talk about Saga AND about your fears of a bubble, Joe.

Saga has heated up based on merit. Is it a bit frothy? Yes. Is the price escalation being fed somewhat by buyers of multiples? Yes. But, at the end of the day, I find some reassurance that there has been a reasonable degree of correlation between quality and price increases in the current market.

There's no doubt that this is one of the better comics to have come out in the past year and a half. Brian Vaughn's plotting and writing is superb and the art by Fiona Staples is a treat every issue. I just wish there were more copies out there. How's that for contrarian?

It's as I say, if more people would take the chance and pre-order books they think are going to be exceptional, there would be a bigger pool of copies out there and the bubble effect might be a bit more muted. When everyone catches on after the fact and then there is a scramble for a limited number of books, it actually can hurt the market in the long run either by discouraging new collectors who feel they don't have a chance to compete on the early issues, or by ultimately running the risk of injuring collectors who paid bigger bucks for books and not being able to resell them because the prices got so far out of sight that they popped and the market collapsed.

If I took a chance on every book that I thought was going to be exceptional, I'd be stuck with a mess load of Epic Kill #1's!

SAGAH! #1 had about a 40K print. It is no Walking Dead or Peter Panzerfaust in regards to print runs. Most thought it was going to be good... But not this good.

I personally never heard of Saga until a few weeks after its release. I read it. And I really, really enjoyed it. What I'm getting at is that sometimes people gotta actually read a comic first, to appreciate it. And that's exactly whats happening with SAGAH! right now.