• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

It's been that high for quite awhile. (shrug)

This post means that he can't blame it on living in Canada.

OUCH :sorry:

lol sorry, man. Just messing. :foryou:

no worries..... Canada has the coolest mayor right about now.....Mayor Ford...NOT

Just did an e-bay check on Saga #1 (1st print) and it's close to $80 now..... and it still has a couple of days left.... it might even pass $100 mark.......

my question is : WHY??? :fear:

Why all of a sudden a big surge on this book?? Is it really THAT popular??

I remember seeing a couple of books in my LCS for $10 a piece.... and thinking that it WAY too expensive..... :facepalm:

Dude, where have you been? It's been that hot for well over a year.

Don't usually check Saga #1 on ebay.... been busy with kids lately (and by lately, I meant 7 yrs now)

How many kids?

2 boys (7 and 4 yrs old)

and they are a handful .... you can relate right Jeff??

10,4 and 3 but I still have time to check Saga prices. :whistle:

Still trying to perfect multi-tasking :wishluck:

Finally!

Saga Deluxe Edition Volume 1 HC Hardcover – December 2, 2014

At long last, a deluxe hardcover of the Hugo Award-winning SAGA is finally on its way! Collecting the first 18 issues of the smash-hit series, this massive edition features a striking new cover, as well as special extras, including never-before-seen sketches, -script pages, and a roundtable discussion with the creators about how Saga is really made. Altogether, this hardcover contains over 500 pages for less than fifty bucks! Written by Eisner Award-winning "Best Writer" Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, The Private Eye) and drawn by Harvey Award-winning "Best Artist" Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40) Saga is the story of Hazel, a child born to star-crossed parents from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war. Now, Hazel's fugitive family must risk everything to find a peaceful future in a harsh universe that values destruction over creation. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in a sexy, subversive drama for adults that Entertainment Weekly called, "The kind of comic you get when truly talented superstar creators are given the freedom to produce their dream book." Collects the first three trade paperbacks of Saga (issues #1-24).

haha, looks like they still have some things to work out :makepoint:

http://www.amazon.com/Saga-Deluxe-Edition-Volume-HC/dp/1632150786/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398011140&sr=8-3&keywords=saga+deluxe+hardcover

:whee:

:whee::banana::ohnoez::roflmao::D

Can't wait!

The real question is "Why would you want to have them release variant HC's?". You guys are requesting variants now?

W?

Didn't the Chew crew do this successfully with the Smorgasbord Edition? I didn't pick up the NYCC exclusive last year, but I wanted to over the regular edition. I eventually decided against it because I have the three Omnivore HC's and an all almost full run of floppies.

With Saga, I don't own anything, I read digitally, so if they release an SDCC HC, I'd prefer that over the regular edition. Plus I'd have it months in advance!

The real question is "Why would you want to have them release variant HC's?". You guys are requesting variants now?

W?

Didn't the Chew crew do this successfully with the Smorgasbord Edition? I didn't pick up the NYCC exclusive last year, but I wanted to over the regular edition. I eventually decided against it because I have the three Omnivore HC's and an all almost full run of floppies.

With Saga, I don't own anything, I read digitally, so if they release an SDCC HC, I'd prefer that over the regular edition. Plus I'd have it months in advance!

That makes sense. For Chew they do have the Smorgasbord and I like the collected edition but I can't say I was hoping for variant editions. I don't own the regular HC's. I like to hand out the TPB's to new readers and collect the floppies. The Smorg is a nice book for the coffee table or book shelf.

Just did an e-bay check on Saga #1 (1st print) and it's close to $80 now..... and it still has a couple of days left.... it might even pass $100 mark.......

my question is : WHY??? :fear:

Why all of a sudden a big surge on this book?? Is it really THAT popular??

I remember seeing a couple of books in my LCS for $10 a piece.... and thinking that it WAY too expensive..... :facepalm:

Dude, where have you been? It's been that hot for well over a year.

Don't usually check Saga #1 on ebay.... been busy with kids lately (and by lately, I meant 7 yrs now)

How many kids?

2 boys (7 and 4 yrs old)

and they are a handful .... you can relate right Jeff??

10,4 and 3 but I still have time to check Saga prices. :whistle:

congrats, your dingleling works.

:banana:

Edited by Conan_Aficionado

Z4TUKVo.jpg

SAGA #21

story: BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

art / cover: FIONA STAPLES

JULY 23 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Not every robot is lucky enough to be born a royal.

hm

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Personally the only reason I would want there to be Saga variant covers would be to have a chance of getting some sort of Saga OA!

You had a chance and passed. (shrug)

Personally the only reason I would want there to be Saga variant covers would be to have a chance of getting some sort of Saga OA!

I think he means if the variant cover featured art from a different artist, then he'd have a chance - similar to the Ghost cover. If that's not it, then I don't know what he means.

It's been that high for quite awhile. (shrug)

why though? hype?? more people reading???

the next walking dead #1 :fear:

40 Saga 1* $2.99 Image 37,641

22 Saga 18 $2.99 Image 53,139

More people reading.

hm

No.

Interesting Jeff. Do you think the increase in the print run is attributable to speculators? I stopped hoarding raw copies of Saga and just have slabbed run with a few multiples.

I think he means if the variant cover featured art from a different artist, then he'd have a chance - similar to the Ghost cover. If that's not it, then I don't know what he means.

And he had a chance at the Ghost cover and passed.