• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

There's three that I would like to have but I'll probably hold off a while before bidding.

Is it just me or does this auction seem a little light on quantity. It seems like the last few auctions I participated in had over twenty pages of material whereas this one only has like twelve pages the last time I checked.

Or am I just imagining this?

No,you're not imagining it.

I've noticed it too.

I guess some sellers are holding off the good books till the prices go back up 2c

Although it's a great time to be a buyer.

Great. I've got 2 books up for sale... Go ahead - get 'em cheap fellas...

There's three that I would like to have but I'll probably hold off a while before bidding.

Is it just me or does this auction seem a little light on quantity. It seems like the last few auctions I participated in had over twenty pages of material whereas this one only has like twelve pages the last time I checked.

yes, you are imagining it. there are 26 pages of listings

I was looking over the auction a few hours before it went live and it was 13 pages long. Once bidding started it became 26. Guess they cut down on the number of lots per page or something (shrug)

I was looking over the auction a few hours before it went live and it was 13 pages long. Once bidding started it became 26. Guess they cut down on the number of lots per page or something (shrug)

Right, I noticed that to. What's funny is another 13-14 pages of content shows up and I still only really want three books. I guess that's a sign my twelve step program is working. :)

Detective 33 or the car I will probably have to buy by the end of the year... Detective 33 or the car. Of course I could always move back to Brooklyn and take the subway...

Dilemma and a half...

I have that same problem too lol

Only mine are video games.

Bid more or buy a game? hm

No,you're not imagining it.

I've noticed it too.

I guess some sellers are holding off the good books till the prices go back up 2c

Although it's a great time to be a buyer.

Great. I've got 2 books up for sale... Go ahead - get 'em cheap fellas...

lol

I would really like that Detective 33 6.5 but I feel that is going to hit $15-18k or more which is more than I want to spend on the book. If I am going to drop $15,000 on another book I will upgrade my AF15 and sell off one of the lower copies I already have.

I'd expect that #33 to break $20K easily and approach $30K. I almost picked up a 4.5 and a 5.0 for $18K a few years ago.

I agree... I wrote that before I did some research on past heritage sales.

I wish I could go back in time to about 2002 with 2012's wallet.

I would really like that Detective 33 6.5 but I feel that is going to hit $15-18k or more which is more than I want to spend on the book. If I am going to drop $15,000 on another book I will upgrade my AF15 and sell off one of the lower copies I already have.

I'd expect that #33 to break $20K easily and approach $30K. I almost picked up a 4.5 and a 5.0 for $18K a few years ago.

Don't we all?

:grin:

Don't we all?

lol

Don't we all?

lol

I have to move past my astonishment over the prices that books are getting and move into the area that they are only going to get more expensive in the future. The difference between now and ten years ago is that even if I have two copies of a Silver Age key I will pick up a third for future resale. It will help fund tomorrows addition to my collection.

Including a matched 9.2 oww set of Strange Tales Annual #1 and #2.

Let's just say that the ST Annual 2 is on my radar... However I was disappointed at not winning that VF raw copy that went for a little more than $300 on eBay the other day.

I am curious to see the 2 Hulk 181 CGC 9.8's in the auction. (shrug)

Double cover or not.

The Kirby Thor/Hulk pages are going to go for some nice money.

I think the final comic prices are of the auctions houses in general will be pretty strong currently & in the months ahead. To me it seems when gas prices go up comics IMO seem to have strong GPA prices.

Probably since people are home more to bid on the books. :P

Let's just say that the ST Annual 2 is on my radar... However I was disappointed at not winning that VF raw copy that went for a little more than $300 on eBay the other day.

Dont be.. it was probably riddled with color touches, trimmed, missing pages and had a married cover.

Dont be.. it was probably riddled with color touches, trimmed, missing pages and had a married cover.

This one? I had bid a flat $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=230746015507&nma=true&rt=nc&si=t6eOpVejmdbQ3lDPXQzNejra6Zo%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1413

Don't know about anyone else, but two books I was hoping to snag are already above what I thought I could win them for (and one of them significantly higher) with two weeks to go. So much for fatigue from the BW & Curator books doh!