• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

Including a matched 9.2 oww set of Strange Tales Annual #1 and #2.

Let's just say that the ST Annual 2 is on my radar... However I was disappointed at not winning that VF raw copy that went for a little more than $300 on eBay the other day.

Dont be.. it was probably riddled with color touches, trimmed, missing pages and had a married cover.

This one? I had bid a flat $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=230746015507&nma=true&rt=nc&si=t6eOpVejmdbQ3lDPXQzNejra6Zo%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1413

that's a completely legit seller, so i wouldn't expect any hanky panky w/ the book

It did seem a little overgraded though with a possible waterstain and foxing.

+1

More than just a little overgraded based on the scans. I have looked at their auctions in the past and they tend to overgrade.

I was

Let's just say that the ST Annual 2 is on my radar... However I was disappointed at not winning that VF raw copy that went for a little more than $300 on eBay the other day.

Dont be.. it was probably riddled with color touches, trimmed, missing pages and had a married cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=230746015507&nma=true&rt=nc&si=t6eOpVejmdbQ3lDPXQzNejra6Zo%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1413

I was just making a general sarcastic comment about buying raw HG books off Ebay.... nothing particular about this book or the seller.

I was

I was just making a general sarcastic comment about buying raw HG books off Ebay.... nothing particular about this book or the seller.

Oh... no problem - I thought you had actually seen the book and noticed something in the scans that I missed. I was more concerned that I had missed something in the scan.

Strange Tales Annual 2 is still undervalued in my eyes as far as early Spiderman appearances.

Someone with a better pair of eyes than I have...

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids.asp&id=917841

That top staple looks a little "gritty"... Are those rust specks ? Just wondering....

Someone with a better pair of eyes than I have...

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids.asp&id=917841

That top staple looks a little "gritty"... Are those rust specks ? Just wondering....

It's possible in that grade but you can't tell from the scan.

If you're seriously interested in the book just call Comiclink on Monday.

(shrug)

Also impressive in this auction are some of Fiction House's “Lady in Distress” Golden Age covers. The Rangers Comics #38 CGC 9.2 is the famed "about to be hung" woman on horseback image, while the lesser known Jungle 73 CGC 9.2 finds a lady in a bikini in extreme bondage being menaced by a man in a turban - and a variety of snakes! Although not well known, the artwork featured on this latter cover is exceptionally well drawn.

I'm not a big Golden Age collector, in fact I have no golden age books at this point, but some of those fiction house publications are extremely appealing. That Jumbo Comics 143 is really talking to me right now. It's saying, "Bid on me, bid on me." :)

Another rare and outstanding book in this CL sale is Captain Aero Comics #25, which CGC (correctly) states has a "Classic scf-fi cover." It is by the great L.B. Cole, and features rocket ships devastating an earth city. Not as well known as many other L.B. Cole covers, probably because it is so infrequently seen. Only seven total examples in the CGC census.

CL also has some noteworthy high grade Sgt. Furys this time around. These include #1 in CGC 9.0, three CGC 9.4s from #2 to #13, and six CGC 9.8s (!) between #27 and #49. The CGC 9.8s include some significant stories, with the Origin of Fury's eye patch in #27, Capt. Savage's appearance in #49, and The ORIGIN of the Howlers in #34 (1 of only two in this top tier, CL's example has white pages).

I was interested in a few of the Supermans, but upon further review, they are mostly rehashed pancakes that used to reside in my collection before a profiteer squished em ...

As eager as I am to bid on the 9.8s, they look a lot like the 9.6s I sold through Clink last time around... I think I'll sit this one out.

GA Actions went for big bucks.

#19 4.0 $3200

#25 5.5 $1411

#27 7.0 $2150

#34 6.5 $825

#63 4.0 $626

$100 9.4 $6000

#100 9.0 $1877

I was the underbidder of the #63. That is an amazing price for that book.

GA Actions went for big bucks.

#19 4.0 $3200

#25 5.5 $1411

#27 7.0 $2150

#34 6.5 $825

#63 4.0 $626

$100 9.4 $6000

#100 9.0 $1877

I was the underbidder of the #63. That is an amazing price for that book.

I actually feel that I got away cheap on the Action 34. I had spent $1100 on the Action 36 in a 6.5 w/ OW to W pages off of Comiclink back in November. The only reason I figure I paid that much was due to the fewer number of unrestored copies that have been graded and that the 6.5 was one of higher grades in the census.

I have liked this cover for a while as it depicts a flying Superman saving the damn from the dastardly villains of the month. The cover told a story and with "white" pages and Fred Ray's depiction of the the big blue boy scout...

I needed it.

Tonights first winning bid!!! Woo Hoo!!! Really wanted this...

RADD388A2012125_132125.jpg

Congratulations! That's a great copy. :applause:

Thanks...

I have my eyes on a few things tonight... I want to see what happens.