• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Scarlett Johansson would be a fun ride...

meh, she's kind of starting to look like a mom....

Johansson

Actually, I'm kidding. Mom or not, cellulite challenged or not, I couldn't get a chick that hot if she fell on me.

I think this post is pretty offensive to a lot of people.

It's only in the past few years with the help of photoshop that the general public is disillusioned into believing that everyone looks like they are 18 forever. I think that public perception needs to be reprogrammed, personally. Most beautiful women have things like cellulite, wrinkles and other "imperfections" and it only makes them more beautiful.

The reality is that cellulite is not a negative. I'm 42. I've got some around the waist. I still think I look good for a 42 year old. It's a fact of life much like pimples, wrinkles, moles (hello Cindy Crawford!) and other things that they photoshop out to brainwash the masses.

Personally, I'd rather have a curvy, confident woman than some young thing who looks like a skinny 12 year old with large, round, tight plastic implants.

:sumo:

I would really like that Detective 33 6.5 but I feel that is going to hit $15-18k or more which is more than I want to spend on the book. If I am going to drop $15,000 on another book I will upgrade my AF15 and sell off one of the lower copies I already have.

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Johansson

Actually, I'm kidding. Mom or not, cellulite challenged or not, I couldn't get a chick that hot if she fell on me.

It's only in the past few years with the help of photoshop that the general public is disillusioned into believing that everyone looks like they are 18 forever. I think that public perception needs to be reprogrammed, personally. Most beautiful women have things like cellulite, wrinkles and other "imperfections" and it only makes them more beautiful.

The reality is that cellulite is not a negative. I'm 42. I've got some around the waist. I still think I look good for a 42 year old. It's a fact of life much like pimples, wrinkles, moles (hello Cindy Crawford!) and other things that they photoshop out to brainwash the masses.

Personally, I'd rather have a curvy, confident woman than some young thing who looks like a skinny 12 year old with large, round, tight plastic implants.

Roy; Ever the Philosopher :foryou:

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Johansson

Point well taken, just my inner 15 yo getting the best of me. :foryou:

Now that I think about it, I totally offended myself when I wrote the message. :)

I would really like that Detective 33 6.5 but I feel that is going to hit $15-18k or more which is more than I want to spend on the book. If I am going to drop $15,000 on another book I will upgrade my AF15 and sell off one of the lower copies I already have.

I'd expect that #33 to break $20K easily and approach $30K. I almost picked up a 4.5 and a 5.0 for $18K a few years ago.

Roy; Ever the Philosopher :foryou:

Ah, just standing up for women.

Now that I think about it, I totally offended myself when I wrote the message. :)

:foryou:

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Johansson

yep. just look at natalie portman and jessica alba. as soon as the kid drops, they never look the same in my eyes anymore. but they're still smoking HAWT! :whee:

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Johansson

yeah, if that's looks like hell, then I will take two please. :banana: I'd hit that 5 times a day :banana::banana::banana:

Gonna be a fun ride ....

Johansson

yep. just look at natalie portman and jessica alba. as soon as the kid drops, they never look the same in my eyes anymore. but they're still smoking HAWT! :whee:

Ummm Natalie Portman and Jessica Alba. :cloud9:

Can you just imagine them engaging in activities described by Rocketeer in the Batman 227 thread..

Oh wait, sorry didn't mean to debase the thread. :blush:

Scarlett is a beautiful lady, especially when she's not trying to be unnaturally skinny.

(thumbs u

ah its so much more classy when you say it :tonofbricks:

Yea, I guess some of us, especially me, needs to stress test things before they come out of our mouth. Something like, would you say this to your wife or mother? If not, then don't say it.

I'm going to work really hard at this.

Good point!

I've put in ten tracking bids on items I'm interested in. There's three or four that I'm serious about, one that I must have even if I have to sell my wife and daughter into indentured servitude (JOKING). ;)

There's a couple that I'm surprised have gone up so much so quickly. Hopefully, I'll end up with my must have and one more. But luck seems to be working against me in the auctions recently. I put in what I thought was a sure bet for HoM 197 Big Apple pedigree last week and someone else wanted it more. Same thing for a Neal Adams G.I Combat issue at Heritage a while back. :(

Detective 33 or the car I will probably have to buy by the end of the year... Detective 33 or the car. Of course I could always move back to Brooklyn and take the subway...

Dilemma and a half...

There's a book I would like in this auction. Not a big book but, it will fill a hole in my collection.

That would by chance be a copy of Action Comics, pre-issue 100 would it? hm

Why yes. How did you know? :D