• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

I am soooo doing this at some point. Unfortunately gents, i'm down to my personal copy of this book. The "to sell" copy sold today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-94-black-White-Michone-Variant-image-Expo-Zombie-Comic-Book-/130664725305?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e6c397b39

I understand that my membership will be downgraded to Bronze level, but i am ok with that.

Well folks safe to say there is 1 less copy of this variant that has a shot at being NM, or even VF condition. Received my 3rd copy of this in the mail yesterday, the seller shipped the comic bagged and boarded, and in a really tight bubble envelope. Nothing else to protect the comic.

At best this might be a 7.0 now on a good day. The seller is trying to make it right at least and is shipping me his personal NM copy for a replacement and then expecting me to send this copy back once the new one is received.

I just don't understand some eBayers.

The old bag and board in a bubble envelope. :mad:

At least he was kind enough to include a board with it.

:facepalm:

After going through this myself, I always ask how the item will be packed, before I pay.

I usually do but didn't this time. Now I think the next board member I sell something that is $100 + in value and is a raw comic I might have to mess with them a little.

I am thinking a high quality photocopy of the cover along with a random comic in a bag and board.

Then slap a mailing label right on the bag and board, wrap it really well in a few layers of clear packing tape, and ship it just like that.

lol

Well folks safe to say there is 1 less copy of this variant that has a shot at being NM, or even VF condition. Received my 3rd copy of this in the mail yesterday, the seller shipped the comic bagged and boarded, and in a really tight bubble envelope. Nothing else to protect the comic.

At best this might be a 7.0 now on a good day. The seller is trying to make it right at least and is shipping me his personal NM copy for a replacement and then expecting me to send this copy back once the new one is received.

I just don't understand some eBayers.

The old bag and board in a bubble envelope. :mad:

At least he was kind enough to include a board with it.

:facepalm:

After going through this myself, I always ask how the item will be packed, before I pay.

I usually do but didn't this time. Now I think the next board member I sell something that is $100 + in value and is a raw comic I might have to mess with them a little.

I am thinking a high quality photocopy of the cover along with a random comic in a bag and board.

Then slap a mailing label right on the bag and board, wrap it really well in a few layers of clear packing tape, and ship it just like that.

lol

I just did that with a slab that I sold to a boardie. I bet he gets that tomorrow or Saturday. :whistle:

Yeah, $300 is high end. I don't know if it's the record high, but i would think it has to be one of the top prices paid. I'm gonna miss it. They both looked so cool sitting next to each other on the wall.

i've seen a few raws not sell for $220ish. Looks like low to mid 200s is the norm.

Anyone who has this issue have a hole poking out the spine? It almost looks like a pencil was poked through it from page 2 exiting out the spine (below the top staple, above the 'The').

Just wonderin' if anyone else has such a hole too, or if I'm just 'lucky' like that.

Also, since it's a white cover, the two small spine creases may press out. I can tell there should be color breaks, but white on white, does that press out?

Jerome

Well, out of the two I picked up -- finally got the CGC grades. A 9.8 SS (Kirkman sig) and a 9.4 Universal. I think I can be okay with that. Looked on the census, already something like 22 CGC'd, nothing less than 9.4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-94-Image-Expo-B-W-Variant-CGC-9-8-Rarer-than-1-19-27-/140731119864?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c43a78f8#ht_500wt_1413

Do we think people are going to pay $900 for a 94 B&W Variant CGC'd 9.8?

Maybe Branget should tell us what they are going to sell for. Using his "crystal ball."