• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-94-Image-Expo-B-W-Variant-CGC-9-8-Rarer-than-1-19-27-/140731119864?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c43a78f8#ht_500wt_1413

Do we think people are going to pay $900 for a 94 B&W Variant CGC'd 9.8?

Maybe Branget should tell us what they are going to sell for. Using his "crystal ball."

It's my book that's listed. I don't think I'll get $900. The buy it now is out there in case someone feels like paying that much. My honest guess? I think it gets to about $600.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-94-Image-Expo-B-W-Variant-CGC-9-8-Rarer-than-1-19-27-/140731119864?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c43a78f8#ht_500wt_1413

Maybe Branget should tell us what they are going to sell for. Using his "crystal ball."

It's my book that's listed. I don't think I'll get $900. The buy it now is out there in case someone feels like paying that much. My honest guess? I think it gets to about $600.

With the highest priced raw copy selling for $400, you never know. Maybe if you open it up to international buyers you may get more interest. :baiting:

Good luck, Ryan! (thumbs u

With the highest priced raw copy selling for $400, you never know. Maybe if you open it up to international buyers you may get more interest. :baiting:

Julio- those stupid customs forms really annoy me! Thank you for the well wishes. Honestly, I'd rather trade it for a Fables 6 RRP 9.8... if anyone would be interested in that...

Julio- those stupid customs forms really annoy me! Thank you for the well wishes. Honestly, I'd rather trade it for a Fables 6 RRP 9.8... if anyone would be interested in that...

lol

Whew, just read through 21 pages... Sorry, guys, wish I chimed in earlier...

As the others have said, I can confirm only 200 copies were printed of the B&W. Less than 200 MVP passes were sold, though 1 guy bought 3 MVP passes on Sunday morning (I'm assuming eBay seller sonofywh, who sold exactly 3 on Sun night/Mon morn) and believe it or not, someone was allowed to buy at least 15 MVP bags on Sunday, gee I wonder wonder who... :)

I can also confirm that there are MORE THAN 1 CGC Signature Series 9.8 copies of this book in existence. I'll let the census confirm the actual numbers for y'all...

As for the color variant... the price drop is real, there are a number of copies out there. I don't want to get into how, but they're out there. Not sure if they'll end up at Emerald City, I'm not sure if Image or Skybound decided yet what to do with them.

Oh, and if you're referring to the employee at Skybound who kinda looks like Kirkman's brother, that's not actually his brother. That employee's last name is Kirkham, not Kirkman. Given the physical similarity and the fact the last names are so similar, lots of people make that mistake. :) Including me when I first met him a couple of years ago.

I was going to post a number of the color copies on the boards, but given how so many different people had sales threads, I was not interested in depressing the market further. I've moved 4 or 5 copies at $30 each so far, I've noticed the average eBay sale for one of the color copies is in the $30 range.

That's it for now. I'm dying to see this picture from branget as well. One of these days we'll have to trade info on our sources. :)

Joel

Hopefully we can do lunch next year Joel. Always willing to share. :)

The guy who bought 15 is the same guy that bought 3 on Sunday is the same guy that showed the seller of the current issue on eBay is the same guy responsible for sonofywh/Julio/Firefly buying more. Oakland was fun. :)

Which picture would you like? :)

The guy who bought 15 is the same guy that bought 3 on Sunday is the same guy that showed the seller of the current issue on eBay is the same guy responsible for sonofywh/Julio/Firefly buying more. Oakland was fun. :)

Fixed that for you. I thought that was you when Joel mentioned it and before I read your post. :grin:

The picture of all your B&W copies laid out on the couch, of course...

I think it's a myth hm

Fixed that for you. I thought that was you when Joel mentioned it and before I read your post. :grin:

What needed fixing. ???

You got your advice from the seller of the one on eBay who got the idea from the same guy as me.

I think it's a myth hm

True. Too many for the couch. ;)

I think it's a myth hm

True. Too many for the couch. ;)

Dare I say take a pic of them on your bed? Hubba hubba.

:shy:

Jerome