• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

Well, I've been watching the auction circuit since ICE started and lately I kept seeing these auctions going for ridiculously low amounts (especially for a book limited to 200 worldwide, though still a bit unsure how branget managed to procure nearly 1/4 of the entire run).

So I was trying to figure out this issue's true scarcity and stumbled upon this gem. And now I've found where I'll be spending a fairly large chunk of my time (and most likely money).

So, when will we get to see the "Behind the Purchase" special where branget unveils how many he actually has and how he got them?

Do we for sure know that there are only 200 of these?

Well, I've been watching the auction circuit since ICE started and lately I kept seeing these auctions going for ridiculously low amounts (especially for a book limited to 200 worldwide, though still a bit unsure how branget managed to procure nearly 1/4 of the entire run).

So I was trying to figure out this issue's true scarcity and stumbled upon this gem. And now I've found where I'll be spending a fairly large chunk of my time (and most likely money).

Branget is Robert Kirkman, or at least that is the rumor floating around.

I heard he was either offering up a ton of cash to everyone who had a MVP pass for their sketch variant, or he was using intimidation to get them to just give him the sketch variant or else.

Someone emailed me the picture below and they had hinted that this was branget outside before he left for ICE. Intimidation makes sense seeing this picture and if this is true and I saw him approaching me wanting my comic I would probably throw it at him so I could run away. :insane:

fashion-fail-this-had-to-be-a-weird-larp-session.jpg

So, when will we get to see the "Behind the Purchase" special where branget unveils how many he actually has and how he got them?

Do we for sure know that there are only 200 of these?

200 is definitely confirmed. I usually only release pictures of large lots after most have been sold. :)

It was confirmed by Kirkman's brother that it is a 200 print run.

I would say at least 10-20(could of been more) are signed by Kirkman and or by the WD tv actors at the con (unwittnessed to be eligible for SS and only shot for those copies is green label)

So say on the conservative side that leaves 190.. Then you saw people with MVP bags stuffed into their backpack at the con not realizing they had the rarest print run of a WD comic :(

Also to make things a little more difficult is that the con staff... who where prob not aware how rare this book is (at least the ones prepping the MVP bags) just stuffed these in MVP bags as unbagged and /or boarded raws with a bunch of other items..so to find even a handful that have a shot at 9.6 or better is going to be tough. If you have the opp to buy graded u might save a lot of time and $ 2c

It was confirmed by Kirkman's brother that it is a 200 print run.

I would say at least 10-20(could of been more) are signed by Kirkman and or by the WD tv actors at the con (unwittnessed to be eligible for SS and only shot for those copies is green label)

So say on the conservative side that leaves 190.. Then you saw people with MVP bags stuffed into their backpack at the con not realizing they had the rarest print run of a WD comic :(

Also to make things a little more difficult is that the con staff... who where prob not aware how rare this book is (at least the ones prepping the MVP bags) just stuffed these in MVP bags as unbagged and /or boarded raws with a bunch of other items..so to find even a handful that have a shot at 9.6 or better is going to be tough. If you have the opp to buy graded u might save a lot of time and $ 2c

yes but that girl that was packing the mvp bags was quite cute and always smiling lol i can say that everytime kirkman did a signing that weekend branget did mysteriously disappear for a pop ahh the mystery continues

It's gotten very quiet -- have any of the folks who won eBay auctions from the "questionables" as I'm calling them (I also am trademarking the name of a new comic book I will write myself called The Questionables, FYI) actually received their books?

I just picked up a second copy of the B&W Variant from someone with only 15 reviews - kind of wondering if I just made a mistake, but the "fever" took hold of me.

The person in question was sending out dummy tracking #s to folks and one person negged him. Another actually gave him a positive today saying they got the comics, but they happen to live very very close to the seller and are now selling copies of the color variant using the same scan/picture. doh!

I still haven't paid for the 3 auctions I won off this person. I guess if people start to get legit copies I will pay but not before then.

The person in question was sending out dummy tracking #s to folks and one person negged him. Another actually gave him a positive today saying they got the comics, but they happen to live very very close to the seller and are now selling copies of the color variant using the same scan/picture. doh!

I still haven't paid for the 3 auctions I won off this person. I guess if people start to get legit copies I will pay but not before then.

Was just coming in to say the same thing. I saw his neg feedback this morning. I'm wondering if the positive is just a cohort of his. I know PP places a hold on the funds until you receive some feedback that it was delivered. I'm wondering if they're just working together to pull down a bit of cash.

I'm hoping that no other members are getting scammed by this tool.

I take it that all you got was radio silence after requesting scans of books? I was thisclose to jumping on some but somehow didn't and am now glad that I held back.

has the number of copies of the color version changed recently. Seems everyone is now saying there are only 500 copies (ebay).

It is still 5,000. Seems a couple people said 500 and others ran with that number.

Well the guy on eBay who was having a firesale on these variants seems to be actually shipping them out to people. 1 person I know who bought 5X color at $85 times 2 (yup 10 color variants for a total of $170) and 2 sketch variants at $175 each got them today.

So I guess I will pay for mine now, but I am still pretty sure these were "walked out the backdoor" at the con because there is no way someone would have been buying these cheaply enough off people on site to turn around and sell the color variants at $17 each before fees.

Also he is still listing them even today. :facepalm: