• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for Doctor Solar? Number 1 appreciation!

39 posts in this topic

DoctorSolar1CGC94.jpg

My copy of Doctor Solar 1. A long search for a high grade copy.

Bit of trivia. I think this is the only Gold Key cover that Powers signed. Anyone know of another signed GK cover?

Solar needed more and better villians. But the character was interesting.

I picked up a complete run of Solar at a thrift shop a coupler months ago......ill try to scan them tomorrow although none are higher than an 8.0 probably.....

i had the #1 slabbed and it came back 4.5 PLOD, but it is still beautiful and will go into my display.

Solar is one of my all time favorite characters and holds a special place in my collection.

Was the Valiant character similar to the one in Gold Key? I'll admit I'm not familiar with this.

Different characters.

That's correct. Valiant's / Shooter's nuclear scientist Phil Seleski grew up reading the GK Doctor Solar. When the nuclear accident turned him into a godlike being, he chose to appear as / be Doctor Solar.

Good choice. I would have given some thoughtful consideration to adopting the identity of Captain Atom instead though (in his original yellow costume of course).

;)

BTW, can anyone speculate as to who would win a knock down, drag out, nuclear exchange between these two fellows?

???