• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

Anyone see these two that appear to be fakes in the latest clink auction?

"Appear" is a very polite way to put it. I would feel bad for whomever buys them.

The greed in the attempt to fake books for money, and the so called validation of the third party makes me sick.

This is not the first time a seller has faked SW#1 variant. Look on EBay for a seller named Snugglebug2009. They were selling altered priced variants and sold a SW#1 in March of 2011. Some of the other so-called variants where PGX graded and would be high dollar books if they were real.

Joe Collector pointed out a faked SW1 years ago. I wonder if this is the same book in a slab.

I guess I missed the fakes on ebay during my regular search.

Anyone can be fooled, especially with the talented people that are out there, but for sure the wrong font is a dead giveaway.

I know this thread is primarily geared towards marvel variants but has there been any discussion of Dell price variants? I just discovered that a Turok I own is a 15 cent variants and was wondering if there had been any discussion about Dells.

I had a Tarzan that was the same. Looks like the Archie fan base has made a pretty good list over in the silver boards (and prices are reflecting a bit) So maybe the Dells 12c/15c will have their day too.

Ed

Will have 4 new additions I found this weekend after a long drought. 3 30 centers and 1 35 center. I made SA and Cosmic proud this weekend. The old adage they taught me about where there is smoke there was fire paid off. Found 3 30 centers in one booth while found a 35 center in another. Will post some scans in a couple of days. Nothing like finding variants out in the wild. Been looking for fun for over 10 years and its still a blast.

ASM 172 VF ish

MSH 59 2 Copies (Both VGish)

AST 33 VGish

Edited by Fastballspecial

Will have 4 new additions I found this weekend after a long drought. 3 30 centers and 1 35 center. I made SA and Cosmic proud this weekend. The old adage they taught me about where there is smoke there was fire paid off. Found 3 30 centers in one booth while found a 35 center in another. Will post some scans in a couple of days. Nothing like finding variants out in the wild. Been looking for fun for over 10 years and its still a blast.

ASM 172 VF ish

AST 33 VGish

:cool: Very Cool finds where did you find them at? I just got back a few hours ago from Wizard World St. Louis and only found one 30 cent ASM Variant.

ASM 172 VF ish

AST 33 VGish

:cool: Very Cool finds where did you find them at? I just got back a few hours ago from Wizard World St. Louis and only found one 30 cent ASM Variant.

Well then I missed one. :baiting:

Awful long drive from TN up there. All try to meet you in Nashville this year if I can for the Wizard or Horror con.

ASM 172 VF ish

AST 33 VGish

good job, bub.

:applause:

Here are the copies. Seems I only found 3 not 4.

1st MoSH 59 is G water damage

2nd MoSH 59 is prob VG/VG+ or so

AMS 172 is much much nicer then VF grade I bought it at. I am thinking NM- or maybe NM, but I need to look at it longer before I come to a concrete grade. Very very nice I was stunned :o when I got it out to scan tonight. :cloud9:

msh58vg.jpgmsh58f.jpgasm172front.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial

Here are the copies. Seems I only found 3 not 4.

1st MoSH 59 is G water damage

2nd MoSH 59 is prob VG/VG+ or so

AMS 172 is much much nicer then VF grade I bought it at. I am thinking NM- or maybe NM, but I need to look at it longer before I come to a concrete grade. Very very nice I was stunned :o when I got it out to scan tonight. :cloud9:

msh58vg.jpgmsh58f.jpgasm172front.jpg

I don't believe they are yours unless there are socks in the scans. :baiting:

Picked up three 35s and one 30 today in the wild at WonderCon. Paid a total of $8. ^^ Not high grade, but hello mister for that price. Two Defenders, a Peter Parker 9 and a Thor 246. Also a Hulk 271 for $1.