• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

Picked up a nice Iron Man 100 35 center this weekend.

In the wild?

In the wild. In a box 20 people sifted through before me.

Isn't that awesome?? I pulled an X-Men 107 35 center out of a box at a show in Maryland at 3 PM. The best feeling.

It would not have been there if I had gone to that show :devil:

Oh please I got 3 right under Cosmic's nose a couple of years ago.

You would have been no different. :baiting:

In the wild?

Isn't that awesome?? I pulled an X-Men 107 35 center out of a box at a show in Maryland at 3 PM. The best feeling.

Yea, well I found a couple of hidden ones on ebay just a few weeks ago under everyone's nose so there. :P

:)

I went to a flea market this morning. I found two 30 cent variants, and one 35 cent variant.

So since 2003, I have found a total of three 35 cent variants in Maryland in the wild. I found a Kid Colt 219 in a comic shop, a 2001 8 at a local show (in a box, not on the wall), and now a MTIO 31 at a flea market.

I always subscribe to the "where there is one, there are probably more", but trust me, each time they were all alone.

In the wild?

Yea, well I found a couple of hidden ones on ebay just a few weeks ago under everyone's nose so there. :P

:)

Only cuz I don't look anymore :baiting:

GACK!

SS price variants!!!

My head is about to explode with the awesomeness of it all!!!!

Speaking of which...I found my very first 35 center in the wild, ever, in 25 years of collecting. It was a Star Wars #4...I was thumbing through a dealer's Bronze box, and nearly passed it by. Something caught my eye, and I went back...sure enough, that squat 35 cent price was staring me right in the face.

I had to do a couple of takes to let it sink in, simply because it's just not something you see stuck in with worthless copies of the run.

Price?

$1.

Grade: potential 8.0.

I've owned 2-3 35 centers over the years....a Marvel Preview #12, X-Men #107, and maybe one other...the Marvel Preview I may have bought in the wild, but it's long gone, so I don't remember. In any event, first time I found one at a con.

And it was in a box that people had already pawed through for several hours!

:o

I went to a flea market this morning. I found two 30 cent variants, and one 35 cent variant.

So since 2003, I have found a total of three 35 cent variants in Maryland in the wild. I found a Kid Colt 219 in a comic shop, a 2001 8 at a local show (in a box, not on the wall), and now a MTIO 31 at a flea market.

I always subscribe to the "where there is one, there are probably more", but trust me, each time they were all alone.

When I found the above detailed SW #4, I thought "surely, there HAVE to be more." Looking through every other box...zip. Nada.

When I found the above detailed SW #4, I thought "surely, there HAVE to be more." Looking through every other box...zip. Nada.

I looked through lots of long boxes using the one at a time method, and nothing. How can there just be one? :tonofbricks: Well, that is all she wrote :roflmao:

I would do it again in a heartbeat tho

I looked through lots of long boxes using the one at a time method, and nothing. How can there just be one? :tonofbricks: Well, that is all she wrote :roflmao:

I would do it again in a heartbeat tho

I love hearing new stories keeps ya going.

I agree I adopted the same motto. When I see one I am thinking a horde, but more often then not its only one.

Whats really tough is to maintain my composure till I pay. My last one I found I was with a shop owner who went on the trip with me. I was all estatic and he was like :whatev:.

I haven't found a large collection in several years in one sitting. They are still out there though. My local shop just bought a collection with several in it.

He has been in business for 18 years and never seen one other then mine. His last month of business like 10 of them come walking in as part of a collection.

Edited by Fastballspecial