• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

Two Star Wars 1 .35 cent variants on the Bay both graded 9.0, funny thing is they have the same CGC serial. I think the bestincomics listing is legit, I've done a few deals with them and always felt good about the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-35-Cent-Price-Variant-CGC-9-0-WHITE-PAGES-VERY-RARE-/161193661274?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2587e4135a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-35-Cent-Price-Variant-CGC-9-0-WHITE-PAGES-Rare-Cover-Price-Variant-/251374566321?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a87177bb1

Agree about getting that particular book signed. :facepalm:

And it's not like there aren't a zillion other HG copies of that book to get signed. This kind of thing is where I really wish SS had never been invented.

Agree about getting that particular book signed. :facepalm:

And it's not like there aren't a zillion other HG copies of that book to get signed. This kind of thing is where I really wish SS had never been invented.

To each their own.

I'm not a particularly big fan of signatures placed over the title of the book (I hate that Claremont seems to do this on every signature), but Sal has a nice signature.

More than anything, I wish Sal had done the cover. It always seems a bit strange to see the artist's signature on a cover he didn't create (even if he is the interior artist).

All this to say - sweet book, Joey. :applause:

What about Omega the Unknown #10? I know better than to pay attention to OS but I have a hard time trying to figure this one out. 3 copies in the census and all HG. I don't have GPA right now so I don't know if those came to sale. I have no clue regarding distribution and it was the last issue in the series. Am I wrong in thinking it's a little harder to find than most "Super-Hero" variants?

What about Omega the Unknown #10? I know better than to pay attention to OS but I have a hard time trying to figure this one out. 3 copies in the census and all HG. I don't have GPA right now so I don't know if those came to sale. I have no clue regarding distribution and it was the last issue in the series. Am I wrong in thinking it's a little harder to find than most "Super-Hero" variants?

Sorry to say, this is one of the titles that lasted 10 issues for a reason. Nobody wants the regular edition, therefore even less want the variant, unlike ASM and X-men. Books like Iron Fist are an exception.

I would bet anyone who wants it because of it being a 35 center already has one.

In a nutshell, it is a tough rare book with very little demand.

Sorry to say, this is one of the titles that lasted 10 issues for a reason. Nobody wants the regular edition, therefore even less want the variant, unlike ASM and X-men. Books like Iron Fist are an exception.

I would bet anyone who wants it because of it being a 35 center already has one.

In a nutshell, it is a tough rare book with very little demand.

Thanks for the honest reply. That's why these Boards rule! Typical Kramerica luck that I go digging and come up with that one.....

Thanks for the honest reply. That's why these Boards rule! Typical Kramerica luck that I go digging and come up with that one.....

I wouldn't discount the resale value just yet, as there are a lot of people trying to complete 35-cent sets, and all you need is a few of them looking for the same book. It's a very HTF issue as well, and I doubt there are a lot of them out there.

I wouldn't discount the resale value just yet, as there are a lot of people trying to complete 35-cent sets, and all you need is a few of them looking for the same book. It's a very HTF issue as well, and I doubt there are a lot of them out there.

I have three of them.

If you read my reply, I said that anyone going for the set probably has one.

I did not say it was not rare, or not HTF.

I was essentially saying that that book is not the jackpot variant your mom was telling you about. (and by "you" I did not mean you, Vince, specifically)

Edited by ShieldAgent

[font:Times New Roman]I received this recently. It took me a while to find this issue:[/font]

11346096254_0d753e292b_z.jpg

Very nice. I actually came to this thread to ask how rare this variant is, and this was the first post that popped up for me.

So... um, how rare is this variant, anyway? I checked ebay and didn't find any copies up for sale, and only one sold listing since November.

You guys must get tired to tourists like me popping in this thread every time we stumble on a price variant. :makepoint:

Edited by Crimebuster

[font:Times New Roman]I received this recently. It took me a while to find this issue:[/font]

11346096254_0d753e292b_z.jpg

Very nice. I actually came to this thread to ask how rare this variant is, and this was the first post that popped up for me.

So... um, how rare is this variant, anyway? I checked ebay and didn't find any copies up for sale, and only one sold listing since November.

You guys must get tired to tourists like me popping in this thread every time we stumble on a price variant. :makepoint:

I have found it to be on the tougher side of average...

The price box makes it harder for the normal cherry picker to pull, so less show up, especially nice copies