• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

more rare than its 25 cent counterpart, but as far as variants go, it is on the low to average side of difficulty.

more rare than its 25 cent counterpart, but as far as variants go, it is on the low to average side of difficulty.

Chip,

Usually if you see more then 1 or 2 of a 30 or 35 cent variant its not a difficult one.

If I remember right here is the genre breakdown. Dicuss if you think the order needs adjusted. I think others can talk more about War,Toon,Horror, and Reprints order then I can. I am stuck always finding Super Hero 80% of the time. :(

Hardest to Easiest Categories

1.) Western

2.) Toon

3.) War (2 & 3 I could go either way.)

4.) Horror

5.) Reprints

6.) Super Hero

Edited by Fastballspecial

Chip,

Usually if you see more then 1 or 2 of a 30 or 35 cent variant its not a difficult one.

If I remember right here is the genre breakdown. Dicuss if you think the order needs adjusted. I think others can talk more about War,Toon,Horror, and Reprints order then I can. I am stuck always finding Super Hero 80% of the time. :(

1.) Western

2.) Toon

4.) Horror

5.) Reprints

6.) Super Hero

They mirror regular 25 and 30 cent issues. What's easier to find? Amazing Spider-Man 155 or Weird Wonder Tales 15?

Chip,

1.) Western

2.) Toon

4.) Horror

5.) Reprints

6.) Super Hero

Chip,

I would like to also add that with these 30 and 35 cent books that Harder to Find don't mean $1000+ price tags.

Like with regular copies of any book, demand makes the price and not any guide or whatever crazy formula these sellers on ebay use.

People collect and buy more Spider-Man books then Kid Colt.

I also think the variants exaggerate the condition exponential curve as you get to smaller print runs.

So while a 9.6 ASM 155 is hard enough to find, a variant in 9.6 is just plain tough. As you get to the small print runs, 9.6 and above sometimes don't exist or have only 1 copy at all.

One of my more enjoyable moments in comics was coming across a small lot of 30 cent variants from an original owner collection. Two came back as 9.8's and another 5 came back as 9.6's. Four of those are (and remain) single highest graded copies.

I would like to also add that with these 30 and 35 cent books that Harder to Find don't mean $1000+ price tags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-30-CENT-COVER-PRICE-VARIANT-KID-COLT-OUTLAW-208-ULTRA-RARE-FN-VF-/281232469557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417ac2ee35

… recalculating…... :roflmao:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-30-CENT-COVER-PRICE-VARIANT-KID-COLT-OUTLAW-208-ULTRA-RARE-FN-VF-/281232469557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417ac2ee35

:o

Tempting. Sooooooo tempting.

kidcolt208.jpeg

kidcolt208.jpeg

Tree-fiddy?

:o Dang!

The one had a BIN of $999 which lasted for less than an hour when the first bid was placed.

Kind of looks like the same person might have got both books. Anybody know who the lucky bidder was?

Don't worry we will see it flipped on ebay or comic link for a higher amount.

I doubt a variant collector bought both of them for their collection.

It is some one who does not know what they are doing like that guy who keeps relisting that Iron Fist #14 5.5 with the low page quality and eye appeal. :facepalm:

The one had a BIN of $999 which lasted for less than an hour when the first bid was placed.

Kind of looks like the same person might have got both books. Anybody know who the lucky bidder was?

It is some one who does not know what they are doing like that guy who keeps relisting that Iron Fist #14 5.5 with the low page quality and eye appeal. :facepalm:

Oh, I bet it is a variant collector, and one that is good at mining variants. Most likely, if they are on here, they would be waiting until they had both copies firmly in their grasp before talking about it. If anything was going to be flipped, it would probably be the first and lower grade copy to help offset the price on the nicer book. The person is probably ecstatic to have not only secured a copy, but to have been able to upgrade it within two days.

Oh, I bet it is a variant collector, and one that is good at mining variants. Most likely, if they are on here, they would be waiting until they had both copies firmly in their grasp before talking about it. If anything was going to be flipped, it would probably be the first and lower grade copy to help offset the price on the nicer book. The person is probably ecstatic to have not only secured a copy, but to have been able to upgrade it within two days.

I hope so but we will see. :popcorn:

+1

No normal, sane person is going to drop $1600+ on a western variant to "flip it."

kidcolt208.jpeg

Considering the rather large crease on the bottom right corner of the Raw EBAY copy yes I would imagine it is tempting.

It seems like X-Mas was a very brisk time for some of the rarer variants hitting the market. A few have already been discussed, but one of the books I was :censored: to lose out on was this copy auctioned off by FD - congrats on the sale by the way. (thumbs u

TOD 20

It looks like DrewBizz was willing to pony up, but someone was willing to snipe him for more which is probably a tad shocking; had I put down a +400 bid and lost, I would be :frustrated:

WWT 15

Drew Snagged this one off Jack who looks like he happened upon a few of the rarer ones, or had them and decided to let them go. I do not believe a copy has been on EBAY in a few years so I'm :tonofbricks: over not bidding.