• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Agreed - a sketched on #1 is high on my CGC want list.

I've seen a couple where Nick has done 3-4 characters on the cover. They look amazing.

I will take any opportunity to show off my (only 2 character sketches) copy.

0107131253231.jpg

I love the Daghlian sketch. Would love to get one of my own one of these days.

I need to get one of these.

My current Daghlian sketch in one of the NYCC hardcovers

IMG_4189_zpsb5567a31.jpg

And of course, my favorite pages from Manhattan Projects. I have posted them before, but love showing them off. A huge thank you to Nexus for hooking these up. If you run into him at NYCC with Nick's art make sure you take a look.

IMG_4129_zps2571c1e5.jpg

IMG_4130_zps5c574974.jpg

I haven't been around much lately life consumed spare time - fell behind even reading a lot of comics but the only two I kept up with as they came out....Saga and Manhattan Projects... the highlight of the guests today on day one were easily the duo of Nick Pitarra and Jonathan Hickman. modest size convention not too crazy and generally short lines for the two - ended up walking up once I saw there was no line and Nick was actually busy sketching away on some upcoming pages for an issue of MP. mostly just stopped to say hi and see if he had any original art with him (had my mind set that if he did - wife and I were going to officially purchase our first piece of O.A. from a comic....) sadly he didn't - with a short explanation why - still cool to talk to for a few minutes. he ended up doing a free 8x10 sketch for me - which considering I just wanted to say hi - thought that was pretty awesome.

also got to let Hickman know that he is an animal - and is totally inhuman with all the books he is writing - overheard him saying he is taking 2014 off from conventions also and resuming in 2015 since hes been so busy to give himself a break- for what that might be worth to others planning on trying to see him -

anyway without further ado; badass Einstein!

pitarra.jpg

Edited by riveraXVX

Sorry, no confirmation yet. It will likely be a game day decision. He has an open invite...it will all depend on his schedule. He's had to turn down a lot of cons in order to keep the book on time. I know it's not ideal, but he'd rather not commit to a show and then have to cancel at the last minute.

I'll let you know if he ends up going.

Sorry, no confirmation yet. It will likely be a game day decision. He has an open invite...it will all depend on his schedule. He's had to turn down a lot of cons in order to keep the book on time. I know it's not ideal, but he'd rather not commit to a show and then have to cancel at the last minute.

I'll let you know if he ends up going.

That's all pretty much what I figured, and makes perfect sense. I still hope to see him there, but will understand if he can't make it. Thanks!

Yo!!

Manhattan Projects #15 was the bomb! I love the infinite/finite Oppenheimer story lines (inside his mind). I could read an entire series of just the back and forth between Oppenheimer's personalities.

I know MP has it's fan base, but this series is highly under-rated (although I can see why this isn't everyone's cup of tea).

Yo!!

Manhattan Projects #15 was the bomb! I love the infinite/finite Oppenheimer story lines (inside his mind). I could read an entire series of just the back and forth between Oppenheimer's personalities.

I know MP has it's fan base, but this series is highly under-rated (although I can see why this isn't everyone's cup of tea).

+1

I am definitely on the Hickman train.

Manhattan Projects, East of West, God is Dead, Secret, Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity.

How many hits can one man write? Nearly on schedule with all except Secret? Genius in action. I know Hickman's flow charts are not everyone's cup of tea but ehh can't win them all.

Yo!!

+1

Manhattan Projects, East of West, God is Dead, Secret, Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity.

How many hits can one man write? Nearly on schedule with all except Secret? Genius in action. I know Hickman's flow charts are not everyone's cup of tea but ehh can't win them all.

The really impressive thing (to me, anyway) is how different each of those books are. He's not just churning out one trope over and over. I'm reading all of these apart from God is Dead and would rank them as follows in terms of how much I enjoy them:

1) Manhattan Projects

2) Secret

3) New Avengers

4) Infinity

5) Avengers

6) East of West (I know people are all over this, but I'm just not that keen)

Yo!!

Underrated? Great reviews for nearly every issue. Do you mean you are surprised it doesn't sell more? That I would definitely agree with.

Yo!!

Underrated? Great reviews for nearly every issue. Do you mean you are surprised it doesn't sell more? That I would definitely agree with.

Pretty sure that is what he meant. This book is 10x better than Saga in my opinion, and you never hear anything about MP. Hell, look at thread length on the boards and tell me which is the more hyped book.

Yo!!

Pretty sure that is what he meant. This book is 10x better than Saga in my opinion, and you never hear anything about MP. Hell, look at thread length on the boards and tell me which is the more hyped book.

That's what I meant. Not as much chatter on this book amongst others.

Yo!!

+1

The really impressive thing (to me, anyway) is how different each of those books are. He's not just churning out one trope over and over. I'm reading all of these apart from God is Dead and would rank them as follows in terms of how much I enjoy them:

1) Manhattan Projects

2) Secret

3) New Avengers

4) Infinity

5) Avengers

6) East of West (I know people are all over this, but I'm just not that keen)

While I disagree with your rankings, I absolutely agree with what you're saying here. The man is a like a story telling machine right now. I really enjoyed the three issues of Secret that are out, but I think I need to see a little more before I can realistically rank it. I would put East of West and Manhattan Projects 1 and 2.

Edited by Stark Resilient