• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

NYCC Hardcover for Vol. 1 from 2012

is there anything different from the softcovers? is it worth $40?

It's got the exact same contents as the TPB #1. Only reason to get it is because it's a limited edition of 500, exclusive to NYCC 2012. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then skip it.

thanks. i've already got each individual issue, plus all three trades on comixology. a nice hard cover of 1-20 at some later date would be nice though.

I'm fairly sure that Nick mentioned a regular release hardcover collecting #1-#10 is in the works. It might also include some supplementary material as well.

Spent a half an hour chatting with Nick today at WW Austin while he did four fantastic sketches on different MPs for SS. I'll post the pics when I can get to a computer, probably Sunday. My favorite had to be the Masonic Truman, but the piranha is pretty sweet too...

Nick likes to commission other artists for their takes on MP characters. Here's one just turned in by Chris Mooneyham (FIVE GHOSTS):

cf3o.jpg

Love it!

That's a really cool idea and an awesome piece of art.

First (and last) appearance of John Layman and Rob Guillory in THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #17:

1bab.jpg

Hope this important event is noted on the label!

A happy fan with his new OA:

BaDYeRWCYAEOOYs.jpg

he looks more like "i wanted walking dead #1, and all i got was this."